Pulled the trigger on a new set of globes… have you? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Front gate valve, turn off to on, feel nothing notice notice nothing, then it goes back to off on test. Same thing with rear gate valve, on tech stream it turns on and off when I do the test, these seem to work

Front right gas spring switch valve- turns on and off
Front left gas spring valve- turns on and off

Front right wheel, up and down neither up or down is activated on test
Goes for all individual wheel adjustments, no arrows do anything, they remain on off

Also front wheel/up down
Rear wheel the same, won’t go off off

Front wheel by accumulator, works went up super high
Rear wheel by accumulator, works went up

Keep adding the data, it’s likely someone On here can help

Have you checked the sensors to see if they're in the right position? Also, have you gotten an alignment?

Perhaps measure the diameter of the coil springs…what are the odds someone unwittingly placed lc200 spring on the lx?

Have you checked the sensors to see if they're in the right position? Also, have you gotten an alignment?
Alignment was done by the dealer who put te tires on I bought by the truck from. They didn’t do the balance correctly and that had to be redone. Wondering if an alignment could cause this kind of result

I have not checked the sensor position as I’m not sure what correct position would be, is there a visual guide to this?

Perhaps measure the diameter of the coil springs…what are the odds someone unwittingly placed lc200 spring on the lx?
I’ll check but it’s pretty unlikely truck was dealer maintained in FL only driven 62k when I got it, bought sight unseen due to the low miles and zero rust and service record, figured there couldn’t be anything wrong

Reviewing this data again, damper step is see to 8 on each front wheel and 14 on the rear wheels when static in each L, N, H mode, is this normal? Wonder if that is the set and if it changes as you adjust sport and comfort mode. I’ll have to look at those values

Reviewing this data again, damper step is see to 8 on each front wheel and 14 on the rear wheels when static in each L, N, H mode, is this normal? Wonder if that is the set and if it changes as you adjust sport and comfort mode. I’ll have to look at those values
These values are the same in each ride mode

If I am opening the bleeders and no air is coming out, can there be air somewhere else in the system? I feels like it has to be air trapped somewhere. But every bleed screw is straight fluid no air. When I opened the front bleed screw from the first globe set I heard some air get pulled back in from the bleed screw itself, this is really driving me nuts

I imagine this is super frustrating!

It's probably something simple once we figure it out.

You're very experienced at bleeding now, I doubt it's air from the bleeding. There might be a pocket in there somewhere from a past event, or it could be possible there is a blockage in a line, preventing bleed or fluid movement?

Do you have a vacuum pump? It might be something more to try to put a vacuum bleed on each of the five bleed areas . . .

Another thing to try is cycle from L to H to L to H to N everytime you drive. That should (hopefully) eventually get any bubble to move back to the tank.

Another thing to try is to relieve any possible bushing binding is to loosen and retorque the bolts with bushings - but make sure there is car weight on them when you do this.

My basic thought it to try to remove any potential contributing factor.

Why didn't you leave the new accumulators in place?

I imagine this is super frustrating!

It's probably something simple once we figure it out.

You're very experienced at bleeding now, I doubt it's air from the bleeding. There might be a pocket in there somewhere from a past event, or it could be possible there is a blockage in a line, preventing bleed or fluid movement?

Do you have a vacuum pump? It might be something more to try to put a vacuum bleed on each of the five bleed areas . . .

Another thing to try is cycle from L to H to L to H to N everytime you drive. That should (hopefully) eventually get any bubble to move back to the tank.

Another thing to try is to relieve any possible bushing binding is to loosen and retorque the bolts with bushings - but make sure there is car weight on them when you do this.

My basic thought it to try to remove any potential contributing factor.

Why didn't you leave the new accumulators in place?
It drove noticeably worse with the new globes, like almost unsafe to drive. I figured with the ones to at came on, atleast it would be the way it was. This is my wife’s car and I need it to be ok for her commute. Also, crosses my mind was are the globes authentic or knockoffs? I honestly couldn’t say, they were ordered from over seas so that crossed my mind. I put the original Lexus globes on as they all had pressure and zero loss in the amount of space from the neck to the membrane. I’ll certainly spend some time tomorrow cycling the heights, I was reading on a 100 thread of using tech steam to raise the front and lower the rear and run the pump for 10 seconds might work some air out to the globes to be bled? I’m willing to try that tomorrow, I’m not sure I saw an active test for the pump itself though.

Might be worth nothing that the fluid was Low when I got the truck, perhaps it was put in high and pulled in some air, could be sitting in there somewhere? I don’t know I’m losing my mind over this one

I’d expect your new globes to perform better than old, so yes, ideas of knockoff or maybe just bad old stock parts. Like milk spoils for the distributor and the store and customer all the same.

When I did globes it wasn’t night/day, just like 20%, brought the damping back to what it should be. Definitely didn’t get worse.

I’d expect your new globes to perform better than old, so yes, ideas of knockoff or maybe just bad old stock parts. Like milk spoils for the distributor and the store and customer all the same.

When I did globes it wasn’t night/day, just like 20%, brought the damping back to what it should be. Definitely didn’t get worse.
Yes, this was noticeably worse, I was hoping to hell when I pull the original globes off i would have one ruptured or something, nope, everyone came off perfect condition. It’s hard to say what is real and knockoff now. I ordered from one of the venders great feedback etc. the other LX I test drive is what I imagined this truck should drive like. This one, not so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom