Pull to left when brake hard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just had both knuckles rebuilt, new brake pads and rotors, new tie rod ends, and alignment. Tracks straight but when I brake hard I get major pull to left...had problem awhile back seemed to fix self then started pulling to right...now after work back to pulling left...do I need to bleed the brake lines...thoughts...

Even after all the new parts, first check for fluid leaks on the inside of all 4 tires. If leaking, you'll see streaks radiating outward. If no leaks, I would consider replacing the brake hoses. They can be blocked internally, and even worse, they can create a one way valve that holds pressure on a caliper even after you let your foot off the brake. Other possibility is sticking caliper pistons. I have had someone stand beside the roadway as I drove by and hit the brakes pretty hard. The observer can tell you which wheels locked up, and which ones didn't. Sometimes it's a matter of eliminating the possibilities. If it's your rear brakes acting up, make sure they are both adjusted equally with a slight drag with no pressure on the brake pedal (and the hoses back there may be the culprit). Good Luck
Doug

New pads require the caliper pistons to be pushed in, they can become stuck there and not work.

Hey Keith
What year is your truck? Stock Disk up front or conversion front and back?
If conversion, what master cylinder, calipers, etc.?
If conversion, did you do it or a shop? (I would guess shop since you said 'i just had done')

Alright, I would start with a full bleed all the way around, new fluid and then do a recheck for pulling.

i’m guessing a piston in the right caliper is stuck and won’t cause enough brake power on that side. i agree though with above posts that when it’s a brake issue it’s worth going through the whole system to make sure it’s working. bleed with new fluid, check pads once you’ve checked the pistons. i had that happen to me so put new callipers up front and it fixed the pull. also if you have pulsing brakes it’s a good time to get the rotors turned but that means pulling the hubs apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom