PTO winch with headers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What headers can be used with a PTO winch? I know the header I have (six into one) will interfere with the installation of the PTO shaft but is there anything out there that can be used instead of the factory exhaust manifold?

I believe that IDave on this board has found some that will work with the PTO. Maybe they were Man-A-Fre? Anyway his screen name is IDave on this board.
GL
ED

That's right. I checked all over, and the Man-a-fre 6>1 were the only headers I found able to clear the PTO driveline. I also found out the hard way that their bolt-on header pipe obstructs placement of the PTO drive, so I had to send that back. I cut off the front end of the OEM exhaust and attached it using their bolt-on adapter flange, which I then had welded once I had everything in place.

I actually haven't mounted my winch setup yet, but I can sight up where the driveline goes and see that the space is clear. I may have to grind a notch into the flange to clear it completely, but that looks relatively easy.

They aren't the easiest headers to deal with. Notorious for poor fit and loosening up at the manifold, which they did for me despite double gasketing and copper permatex. But after several torquing sessions, I think I've got that, too.

I have hooker headers on my 2f and my pto winch.  It looks like the PO or somebody modified the header to clear the pto shaft.  Either way, if it doesn't fit, a BFH will do the trick :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom