PSA- Walmart now stocking OEM oil filter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was at Walmart today picking up supplies for my next oil and filter change. I usually buy the K&N or Mobil 1 elements, and both were out. Then I noticed a small row of 6 different Toyota OEM filters. Low and behold, one is the filter for the Tundra/200 series cruisers. No idea whether this is a local or regional offering, but worth a look if you do your own maintenance.

D3B15107-439E-4D58-809F-7BC1246B3B0E.jpeg

Last edited:
Check country of origin and compare to one from a dealer. Might even be worth doing a detailed side by side and tear down.

There was a lot of drama when toyota moved production of 80-series filters from japan to Thailand (I think) and the internal design changed for the worse at the same time.

And this was well before walmart decided to get involved in the OE filter game with their ability to dictate to vendors how they will build their products to hit a certain price point.

FWIW, the box pictured from one prominent Toyota Dealership shows country of origin as Thailand, just like the filter I just bought. Olathe Toyota
The price is also less than Walmart's $6.97, although shipping would also have to be included in a head to head comparison. My local Toyota dealership screws folks by charging over MSRP for OEM parts, so I'll probably go the Walmart route for my filters, since that's where I buy my Mobil 1 synthetic anyhow.
I just found it interesting and helpful that there was now a new source for OEM filters that was more convenient than the dealership for a lot of folks probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom