Propps to Bump It Off Road front tube bumper! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Took down a full grown deer at about 50 mph and have no damage. Only a bit of fur on the tow attachment points.
The deer was killed on impact. Pretty much got her straight on.
It was a solid impact. I hate to think of the damage if it was my wife in her rig and factory bumper.

Took down a full grown deer at about 50 mph and have no damage. Only a bit of fur on the tow attachment points. The deer was killed on impact. Pretty much got her straight on. It was a solid impact. I hate to think of the damage if it was my wife in her rig and factory bumper.

How did it taste?

Oh man, tough crowd. I'll get a pic of the fur on Sunday when I get back home.
I pulled over to make sure nothing on my 80 was leaking, and the only sign it even happened was a tiny bit of fur.
The deer spun of the road, so I let the sherif know where it was and went to work. The carcass was gone by the time I was headed home. I bet it tastes like s*** and piss though. Anything that could have ruptured, must have.

I had the cruise set at about 60. There was a car in the lane next to me and one behind us too. Two deer came down from the hillside, one stopped in our lane and one on the shoulder. I had nowhere to go, so I steered into the one in front of me, and briefly jammed on the brakes. My passenger said we locked up for a second. I think I had let off the brakes by the time we hit. Other than a thud, we didn't really feel much. It all happened pretty quick.
I now know where the phrase " a deer in headlights" comes from.
Really, we hardly slowed down. If I hadn't actually seen it, I would have thought it was just a pot hole and kept going. I only stopped because I was sure the grill had to be broken, and to see that it was out of the road. No damage, and it was dead and on the shoulder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom