Proper width for a smog pump belt? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fyton2v

SILVER Star
Threads
For a 2F. If it's too thin it may sit on the smog pump pulley correctly, but it'll ride the bottom of the groove in the crank pulley. This creates a bit of extra belt noise.

Thx in advance.

Pretty sure I've still got the original belt that was driving that pulley, I can give it a measure when I get home tonight.

They are super easy to buy without even knowing the width. If you're stuck somewhere, a Gates belt from the local FLAPS works great, they will look it up for you. If you want the best, get a Toyota belt and it will last a long time. If you have a belt on the shelf and are wondering if it will fit, just try it out and see.

I have one now and it's definitely too thin. Works fine, but adds a little rubbing noise. Was going to head into NAPA and get a wider belt over lunch. Just don't want it to be too wide. I'm guessing it's prob supposed to be a bit over .5 inches. The one I have now is less. I replaced it, recently... matched it with the one that was already on there (for years). I think it's too thin. I fixed a bunch of mechanical things and my motor is pretty quiet. Without the background noise, now the belt noise stands out.

IMG_0142 Large.jpeg

NAPA part 25-22443 fits. It’s one of their “premium” belts, so you’ll overpay for it. The dimensions are: .594” wide and 44.25“ long. Or, 15mm X 1140MM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom