Projects while keeping distance (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is what I put on my 80. I used a lift and jack stands to hold slider close to where the sliders fit to the frame, on both sides. Chase out the 4 bolt hole threads on PS of frame where the brace comes underneath the CATS. Mine were rusty, but threads were good. The big U bolts have to be wiggled around the frame. Be careful not to lay underneath the sliders until they are loosely secured to the frame. Mine fit well without any grinding or bending. Heavy duty. Good luck, take your time.
So what did you do to remove the rear brake line retainer bolt? I got them mounted and everything went great, but will have to figure out something on the rear retainer as I couldn't get anything on it.

So what did you do to remove the rear brake line retainer bolt? I got them mounted and everything went great, but will have to figure out something on the rear retainer as I couldn't get anything on it.
I remember I loosened the bolt and spaced the brake line out from the frame, slightly. My memory of details of this is fuzzy. I used a little bit of rubber tubing, like fuel line, to keep the brake line from rubbing on the slider brace. Hope that helps.

I will crawl underneath my 80 and let you know what it looks like.

That rear brake line bolt for the support bracket is impossible to get to, so I just pulled out the rubber mounting plug from the bracket. This leaves the brake bracket loose, with the rubber mounting plug still attached, so I used a short piece of rubber fuel line to protect the brake line from rubbing anything. Hope this helps.

That rear brake line bolt for the support bracket is impossible to get to, so I just pulled out the rubber mounting plug from the bracket. This leaves the brake bracket loose, with the rubber mounting plug still attached, so I used a short piece of rubber fuel line to protect the brake line from rubbing anything. Hope this helps.
Ok cool. That's exactly what I ended up doing. Will just have to keep an eye on it but I think they'll be fine.

Thanks for doing that and letting me know what you did!
The only other thing I did is get some traction stick on tape for like RV steps. This is like very rough HD sandpaper that prevents slipping on steps. Can be bought at LOWES or maybe HOME DEPOT. I cut it into small pieces and attached them to each slider. If you have ever stepped onto a slider with slick , muddy boots and slipped, this will give your boots better traction under those conditions. My personal preference. These come in step size or tape size.

The kids got the oil changed and fresh gas in these and will be tearing it up now that its warm and the mud is gone. That little quad is almost 40 years old and always starts on the first pull.

MVIMG_20200409_084644.jpg

The kids got the oil changed and fresh gas in these and will be tearing it up now that its warm and the mud is gone. That little quad is almost 40 years old and always starts on the first pull.

View attachment 2266076
Nice rides, lucky kids. enjoy the good weather.

No these are from RRW

I don't think I have seen these before. Maybe you can help me understand their function? In the one picture, it looks like you have attached a fabric tool bag sort of thing to the panel?

I don't think I have seen these before. Maybe you can help me understand their function? In the one picture, it looks like you have attached a fabric tool bag sort of thing to the panel?
Molle panels are a system to attach bags and other things to. Here's a better picture of how they attach.

Screenshot_20200410-155850.png

I have one in the 4R. I use it to put my camp table and chair on.

Thanks for the explanation. I will have to check those out in person, hopefully sometime soon!

Okay I won't lie, I'm going to need a cigarette after all this beautiful organization!🤣.

Freaking mice doing their business as usual so a deep cleaning was needed.

IMG_20200411_121649_01.jpg

With two Helinox chairs and a Helinox table.

Looks good! Is that something new for the 4Runner? I don't remember that you had those before. Do you have them on both sides or just one?

Looks good! Is that something new for the 4Runner? I don't remember that you had those before. Do you have them on both sides or just one?
I've had this for a year. Only on the passenger side since the other window is blocked by the CO2 bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom