Project WTF have I gotten myself into??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Build is coming along good. Looks good brotha

Crazy ass times. Covid, layoffs at work, then I just took over a new team of about 40 engineers that need some attention, and my oldest daughter is moving out this week...my point? Sometimes these projects get love and attention and sometimes they don't...

That's why my goal is get it driving, not get it perfect, otherwise it may never get done.

Interestingly enough, I found one piece of pristine metal while I cut out the rest of the floor and drilled out all the spot welds in the support.

IMG_20200801_120300.jpg

IMG_20200801_120315.jpg

IMG_20200801_112103.jpg

Also...as a reminder, there is a reason my dad told me to put boots on. Like 90% of what he told me, I didn't listen...dooh!

IMG_20200717_052754.jpg

Looks like you are getting some good work done there. Where did you get the replacement sheet metal from?

Nice project!! and nice progress. I just picked up a '68 this Winter, in a similar boat. Keep the motivation coming. i expect it will be linked front n rear soon👹

I got it off of Etsy, I was going to make my own, but saw this. calculated my time and decided to give it a whirl

I've been so slammed I just walk by my truck and hang my head in shame ...but then I decided that instead I should find a motivating theme song so that if I get busy for awhile I can just listen to the song and get back in it.

What could a good theme song be I wondered and then Pandora rotated this on and I knew I'd found the song I needed.

WOW, keep it up! I also have sprung for an HJ47 project and definitely had some moments of stress. Which reminds me I should start logging my progress here. I really appreciate all the knowledge here.

IMG_3290.JPG

Took a break from working on the 40 to try and break the 80...;)

I want to run that same trail in the 40 in two summers...time to get my ass in gear

While I was welding in the bed (which I screwed up a little but it is functional) and letting it cool, I started on the driver side floor and rocker...so much rust

IMG_20200913_125904.jpg

IMG_20200913_125907.jpg

Hey,

I have a dumb question. There's a support channel that runs underneath the rear bed. Between that support channel and the frame there are two pieces of what look like thick burlap. These two pieces are held in my little wire clips. What do you folks replace those with?

IMG_20200718_150202.jpg

One step at a time...in order to get to clean metal, I'd have to replace the tub so I'll just do the best I can...

IMG_20200919_121524.jpg

IMG_20200920_141948.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom