Builds Project Pikachu: 1977 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drove the rig to our LSLC meeting tonight. Hit major storms on the way home, but the truck stayed nice and dry inside. Glad I fixed those windshield wipers a couple of months ago.
IMG_2466.JPG

My buddy @Swannie and I were talking the other day, and he had a spare set of HFS rear shackles that are 1" longer pin to pin than mine.

Pikachu has always sat lower in the back by an inch or so, so I swapped out the rear shackles. Stance is much more level now, especially next time she is loaded down on a trip.
IMG_2472.JPG
IMG_2475.JPG
IMG_2473.JPG

Not a lot to report on Pikachu lately. Just driving it every weekend and having a blast. I've owned a lot of Land Cruisers over the years, and this has become my favorite.

I'm out on some errands out in the county today. Had a nice storm blow through last night, cooling a things down a bit. Swampers are humming and things are good.
IMG_0924.JPG

My stock axle breathers looked pretty crudded up after 41 years, so I installed axle breathers extension lines on both ends this morning. I found a nice set of breathers from my old FJ60 (I think) that still functioned for the open side.
IMG_0962.JPG

I extended the rear axle hose through the frame rail and up towards the top of the firewall behind the heater blower. Sits just high enough to clear the hood when closed. The front axle vents on the opposite side towards the front.
IMG_0966.JPG

Standard hose clamp at the axle.
IMG_0964.JPG

What an awesome trip.

How are those tall skinny swampers working for you? How many miles do you expect out of them?

Thanks. They are bias ply tires, so they take some getting used to. This set has about 4,000 miles and is just starting to show some minor wear. Hopefully I can get 25,000 miles or more out of them.

I also have a set of 33 x 10.50 BFG KM2s on my HJ47 that I can swap back and forth to this rig. In fact, the BFGs were on this FJ40 earlier in the thread.

Awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom