Chaos - 1987 Toyota 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice lookin' truck Garrett!

Went to Wilmington yesterday to get some parts, Got a disk brake conversion kit with calipers, rotors, pads, bigger master cylinder, rebuilt kit with stronger bearings, chromoly shafts and some stock ones. Hoping to get that done during the week and be ready to put in.

we haven't updated in while. been busy with life and collecting parts. We got a HP front diff, and then picked up a V6 third member yesterday. The dual case adapter is still on back order, was told it will ship next week. picked up a conversion kit to change the forward shift T-case to top shift. been looking at a triple stick shifter to keep everything up and tight but, haven't made a choice yet. We Took the Cruiser to Windrock park in TN (GSMTR) for a week had a blast and Garrett is getting ready to go run the Rubicon trail. So, hopefully we will start putting it all together when he gets back. searching for gears and lockers now.

Last edited:
You suck @4LowandSlow :flipoff2: Have fun and be safe on the Rubithon. I'd give you my brothers info for you guys to meet up with in South Lake...but that would contradict my 'be safe' recommendation above!

give me his info! haha I like to live dangerously lol

With the 20% off on ebay, we went ahead and ordered front and rear spartan lockers for Greaser. Thank @sleepycruiser for posting that up!

Talked with my dad. When I get back from my trip we are going to take the diffs over to ECGS and get the 5.29’s and installed. Then it will be putting all the drive train together and then building a custom tube bed for the truck

Well.... A $#$$ ton of money later i got the gears and lockers installed. Only possible because of the best dad possible! @fourtrax . Gonna be mowing the grass and working on stuff still im out of college but will be well worth it!
IMG_1586.jpg

Went to the man himself @GLTHFJ60 and milled my IFS hubs down to be able to fit tacoma rotors and calipers on the front axle. turned out great, thanks again man!
IMG_1572.jpg
IMG_1573.jpg

Did some painting today on the knuckles and brake caliper mounts, and have been welding on the axle adding some knuckle gussets, and will be welding on the diff guard i got from marlin. Hint the color the truck will be!
IMG_1606.jpg
IMG_1596.jpg

Damn dude, that's a s*** ton of weld. I hope you took your time doing that, moving around and letting the part cool, because that much weld on top of the knuckle ball has a good chance of turning the axle housing into a smiley face.

Do yourself a favor and check to make sure the axle housing is still straight before you do any more work to it.

He didn't weld anything longer than about 3/4 of an inch at a time. He moved side to side top to bottom taking pauses through the process

That's good. Would still recommend checking the axle for straightness. Much easier to correct now than to detect a problem down the line.

Axle is all welded up and painted, gonna clean up the gray paint a little bit on the diff. and yes it is straight johnny :)
IMG_0009.jpg

She's finally back down on the weight of her own axle now instead of a 4x4 and jackstands lol, Just gotta wait on a few more parts to come in for the front and ill be able to put the axle together. While im waiting on that ill be doing the steering brace and putting the rear axle together.
IMG_0015.jpg

Got some more progress today, pressed the front studs in and cleaned up the front hubs and stuff to get ready to be assembled, as put in the lower studs for the knuckle. Still waiting to get the upper ARP studs from the top for the high steer then ill be able to put the front axle back together.
IMG_0016.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom