Builds Project Gonzo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ecobox/205 is pretty dang bulletproof for me.

I think the atlas would be a shorter driveline length though.

Ecobox/205 is pretty dang bulletproof for me.

I think the atlas would be a shorter driveline length though.
I wouldn’t mind getting measurements of both and seeing how things would land when I start mocking up the motor. I have to admit, part of the appeal of the atlas is simply the fact that they’ve always seemed unattainable for me in the past.

Bling bling

PXL_20230410_231907516.MP.jpg

I got tired of borrowing the miller welder from work, so I picked up one of the new harbor freight units. I’m very impressed with this thing for the money.
A4C5B525-AC39-4594-828D-C6D0EAA18072.jpeg

Rock rings are all welded up. Time to figure out what color I want to paint them. Then the part I’ve been putting off, finish tearing down the Crasin and get it off my trailer!

Those rings look great in there. They clean up and weld in OK?

Love the colors too, lol

Slowly but surely, more progress has been made. A lot of cutting and grinding has happened, and the front axle has been moved roughly to where it will live. Now the fun can start. I can’t wait to see this thing sitting on 40s and tons.
C10CCE02-027A-4424-8039-6F408BF2C83B.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s been a while since I’ve updated the build thread. Some health problems have slowed down progress, but I’m finally getting back into the shop and making things happen. More cleanup on the frame has happened, as well as stripping out the stock tank, fuel lines, and brake lines. Link mounts have been tacked to the axles, and the lower link mounts have been tacked on the frame side.
AC602657-D7CB-4395-9F26-B814D1FF8160.jpeg

Before any of that could happen, I had to heat all the bolt holes on the brackets with a torch and let them cool slowly to anneal them. Then I could drill them all out to 5/8”. I’ve always been really happy with my purchases from RuffStuff specialties, but having every hole cut to 9/16” when all the hardware in the kit was 5/8” was a bit of a pain. Holes have been enlarged, and progress is being made.
54CD9843-B5A7-45FD-934B-B58526098348.jpeg

Next I’ll start plugging in numbers to 4 link calculator, figuring out the frame side upper link mount, and getting the Iroks off of the cruiser wheels and onto the 8 lug ford wheels.

It’s been a while since I’ve updated the build thread. Some health problems have slowed down progress, but I’m finally getting back into the shop and making things happen. More cleanup on the frame has happened, as well as stripping out the stock tank, fuel lines, and brake lines. Link mounts have been tacked to the axles, and the lower link mounts have been tacked on the frame side. View attachment 3393569
Before any of that could happen, I had to heat all the bolt holes on the brackets with a torch and let them cool slowly to anneal them. Then I could drill them all out to 5/8”. I’ve always been really happy with my purchases from RuffStuff specialties, but having every hole cut to 9/16” when all the hardware in the kit was 5/8” was a bit of a pain. Holes have been enlarged, and progress is being made. View attachment 3393573
Next I’ll start plugging in numbers to 4 link calculator, figuring out the frame side upper link mount, and getting the Iroks off of the cruiser wheels and onto the 8 lug ford wheels.
That’s funny that this happened to you too, but with the Ruff Stuff parts. When we had to do this on my shackles for the 60 it was the Barnes parts. It’s so amazing how well it works.

Pull that oxy sticker off and get it refilled at a brewery supply place. Super cheap, and you keep the bottle, as opposed to a welding gas store that usually does exchanges (around here anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom