Productive morning :) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
left Denver at midnight, got to Atlanta at 5, met seller at 7:30. Gave it a once over. Dealer PPI was already done last week. Bought it, got the title and back at airport now waiting to fly back and shippers to pick it up tomorrow.
FullSizeRender_zpsfzjpdkot.jpg

Celebrated with a steak and a beer and ready for a nap. 2008 with 110k and in pretty nice shape and no rust at all, was Texas car till recent move. Wifey better not be expecting any other valentines presents except maybe some wheels that are not chrome.

Shoulda driven it back!

Congrats!

Thanks, thought about it but after only three hours of sleep a twenty hour drive seemed like a tall order.

Thanks. to each their own but have never been a fan of chrome rims. Gentleman I got it from even has chrome wheels on his panamera turbo s executive and was going to send out the wheels on his new LX to be chromed. Told him we should just swap but as you can imagine he didn't go for it.

Saw in the 100 series section the other day that BBS made very nice wheels for the tundra that should bolt right up well with some AT tires. Was considering rock warriors but have some on the 100 already and figured I would mix it up a bit.

Last edited:
Thanks. S4 is an 05 but is a bit of a frankenstien. After having a few modified 2.7t cars prior the 4.2 v8 actually felt a bit anemic at this altitude so swapped in the turbo motor and am much happier.

Very nice! Congrats.

~ Carl

Great intro post!!

" . . . better not be expecting any other valentines . . . "

Got a chuckle outta that one.

Nice rig!

Congrats on the new purchase! I just drove from Charlotte to ATL and bought the exact sample color LX 2 weekends ago! Bought mine from Nalley Lexus. Where did you find that one? I had been searching for a good while.

Interesting, I've been away from them long enough that I did not realize folks were swapping out the V8 for the V6 twin turbo.... It makes sense, though, as the 2.7T was a great unit. I brought in a complete RS4 driveline, but never got around to swapping it... sold it all off. Sorry to get off subject.... What else is planned for the LX?

Thanks. S4 is an 05 but is a bit of a frankenstien. After having a few modified 2.7t cars prior the 4.2 v8 actually felt a bit anemic at this altitude so swapped in the turbo motor and am much happier.

Tanks guys, appreciate all the well-comings.

@NCFarmboywas a private party sale, Hennessey Lexus did the PPI and they were pretty good. Congrats on yours also!

As far as whats next is to get a good baseline and some preventative maintenance to make it a solid DD for the wife and kids.
Heater hose T's already got here ahead of the truck, water pump as its original, swapping out AHC fluid and all filters and getting a new driver door panel as it has a few marks and that would take interior to like new. Any other little things that may pup up. Have to decide on wheels, either the BBS 20" wheels I was considering or some 18" tundra wheels as there are so many choices and then having much better tire selection.

Last edited:
Tanks guys, appreciate all the well-comings.

@NCFarmboywas a private party sale, Hennessey Lexus did the PPI and they were pretty good. Congrats on yours also!

As far as whats next is to get a good baseline and some preventative maintenance to make it a solid DD for the wife and kids.
Heater hose T's already got here ahead of the truck, water pump as its original, swapping out AHC fluid and all filters and getting a new driver door panel as it has a few marks and that would take interior to like new. Any other little things that may pup up. Have to decide on wheels, either the BBS 20" wheels I was considering or some 18" tundra wheels as there are so many choices and then having much better tire selection.

Does Lexus provide detailed photos for a PPI or is it just a report/checklist type thing?

Congrats! Think you need to add your entry to the 200 series confession thread on the club forum :D

It's a checklist type of report but when an issue is found it gets moved to a section where diagnosis and cost to fix are shown but no pictures. However I have done a few of these and in most cases the service managers understand your buying remotely and have snapped pics for me and then texted them over.

Congrats! Think you need to add your entry to the 200 series confession thread on the club forum :D
Thanks and thanks for the reminder. Yours is shaping up very nicely and that kamper is to die for.

Awesome truck.

On another note, I think the Audi 4.2 has the BEST exhaust note of any car in its class. I get excited every time I drive the S5....sadly, a dying breed.

It's a checklist type of report but when an issue is found it gets moved to a section where diagnosis and cost to fix are shown but no pictures. However I have done a few of these and in most cases the service managers understand your buying remotely and have snapped pics for me and then texted them over.

Not too bad. Maybe we can start a nationwide vehicle check buddy system for forum members. If someone is interested in a vehicle that you live near, they can swing by and have a look.

Awesome truck.

On another note, I think the Audi 4.2 has the BEST exhaust note of any car in its class. I get excited every time I drive the S5....sadly, a dying breed.

Yes, I definitely do miss the sound with the miltek exhaust I had. They had that part down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom