For Sale PRICED TO SELL - $15,000- **1997 White 80 Series - 216.5k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
White
Purchased about a year ago from CA. 3rd Owner no accidents. 2nd owner had 20 years. Not 3x locked. Spent $12k on lift, tires and getting it mechanically sound. Plus $5k on interior and bumpers...Old man EMU lift with BFGs. NEW OEM front bumper and rear bumper caps. Most of the mechanical work through Dajda's in DFW area that specializes in cruisers. Just replaced all leather upholstery via LC Heaven. Front and rear seats (not third row). Includes center console and door arm rests. No foam on front two seats. Sunroof disabled due to leak .Other small warts that can be repaired. There is surface rust on the under carriage which I have been told isn't indicative of an issue. It's not a rust truck. A few very, very minor rust chips near back window. Needs paint respray. Looks like previous owner tried to color match driver side door but not well. I love the 80 but I have come to the realization I don't have the time with work and fam to get it there. She could be a real beaut Clark.. Thanks for looking

63FCB4C7-BED6-42C5-8E52-29E17CE1292A.JPG

Last edited:
Last edited:
Is it original paint?
If it is, you definitely do not need to repaint.
Toyota one coat process white, is the ultimate, bc if it's oxidized, it looks like crap and most don't realize you can buff that back to white mirror shine!
But if it was in an accident and repainted, with white and then clearcoat, then you are SOL for compounding back.
I have a YT video on how to get the White back to showroom shine.
will start bidding at $1k

Is it original paint?
If it is, you definitely do not need to repaint.
Toyota one coat process white, is the ultimate, bc if it's oxidized, it looks like crap and most don't realize you can buff that back to white mirror shine!
But if it was in an accident and repainted, with white and then clearcoat, then you are SOL for compounding back.
I have a YT video on how to get the White back to showroom shine.
will start bidding at $1k
It is original. It looks like they used some type of spray can on the door. If this is going to be a kick around truck for someone it may not bother them. It's a little rougher to the touch and in certain lights you can see a color variation. This is on the driver side door and door handle. Outside of that the paint is about what would be expected. I would not be repainting if this door wasn't an eye sore (atleast to me)

What did you pay for it a year ago?
10K?
Then 12K in tires, lift and mechanical?
What did you do mechanically?
Tires and lift can't be more than $3000 (for OME), so 9k in mechanical?
I did a preventative head gasket job for 3k a couple years ago.
So not sure how you spent 12K.
If you sell your rig for 22k, you should be square.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom