Prefered Oil filter for an F2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think if you run the tall filter, you’re looking at 9 qts. I would just put in 8.5, start the engine, check the oil and put in what’s needed. Then write it down for the next oil change.

It takes a little under 9 qts with the tall filter, but the 8.5 and check is a good way to do it.

FWIW, tall filter is less important than using the correct high-zddp oil...

Just sayin'.

Adding zddp has its own issues... Best to use an oil with the correct levels, like Lucas Classic or Hot Rod. There are a lot of specialty oils that are made for antique engines that work fine.

Adding zddp has its own issues... Best to use an oil with the correct levels, like Lucas Classic or Hot Rod. There are a lot of specialty oils that are made for antique engines that work fine.

I’ve been using Rotella T6 and adding zddp per the instructions on the label. I know it can be bad for catalytic converters if you use too much. Mine is a 79 and has a cat. Anything else I should be thinking about.

i both prefer and promote the UNION SANGYO C-110

its a clone of JAPAN design to the 15600-41010

see for your self in MY TECH Video i made on the Topic ....

I think it‘s time for @ToyotaMatt to cut up one of the real 41010 he has squirreled away so we can see the difference. ;)

I think it‘s time for @ToyotaMatt to cut up one of the real 41010 he has squirreled away so we can see the differenc. ;)

I have None !

i swear 😇

since i made the UNION SANGYO video , i have not happen upon one at all ?

if somebody wants to Donate it's BODY to Science and the greater good of the Land Cruiser Community .............

, i WILL pay the shipping and Reproduce a same in kind VIDEO and " Skunk-Works " LAB conditions

im game , bring it on !

Made in Japan? By an OEM?

I'm in a bit of a pinch. I tossed all my Toyota filters before checking the shelf - the box sitting on the shelf was supposed to remind me that it was time to reorder.

The blue is for my 720 Pickup, or an 4.2L I6 Nissan Patrol engine. It is made in Japan, and not aftermarket. The Toyota filter filter was made in Thailand, and is smaller than the original part. It is also smaller than the Nissan filter.

The aftermarket filters listed at a major chain retailer are similar for my Nissan pickup, as well as my '75 2F. Same diameter gasket, threading it on was fine.

Should I crank the engine, or go to my Toyota dealer?

IMG_9583.JPG

IMG_9578.JPG

The Wix/NAPA filters have become quite notorious, here on Mud. Something about the internal valve getting stuck.

That, and there are serious amounts of counterfeit parts, apparently, being sold by major and mega-online retailers out there - they basically have no accountability because the injured party is smaller than them. And, if it is being made in seriously impoverished countries, it is basically being made at gun-point, and quantity, not quality, is the name of the game.

At least with an OEM, there is a service center out there, that uses the same name, that would have to deal with someone's trashed motor.

Don't get me wrong, I have gratitude for what I can get, and I recognize that most of what I get doesn't deserve the bad reputation. But, on an oil filter, why gamble? And why go with the smallish, Thailand, Toyota one, if it is only a neat brand-name that matches the rest of the vehicle's badges?

That's all true to an extent, but I think overly paranoid. Companies have a quality standard and reputation and all that.

You can get the DENSO 150-2066 (Thailand) or Toyo 90915-YZZD3 which are essentially the same as the old 41010.

It's a 2F, it's not a 7K redline Turbo BMW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom