Power Valve ball stuck 73 Aisan Carb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am rebuilding my carb off my 73. For the life of me I can't get the ball out from the bottom of the power valve.
I pulled out the power valve, spring and the curly e shaped holding spring, is that all there is?

Looking at the bottom of the bowl in the corner by the main, there is a hole that is on the other side from where ball is stuck in. I tried using compressed air in that hole and it won't budge. I had the carb air horn soaking in Berrymans over night for the rebuild. Now I have BP Blaster in the power valve hole hopping to loosen the ball up.

When I removed the power valve the spring was rusted so this was my reason for the BP Blaster.

Looking from the outside I see those aluminum plugs for the ports, I know I could get the one off, just not if I could find another to put back.

Looking for suggestions

Thanks, Brent

Nobody, Ok. I thought it would be a long shot.

I have had it sitting for another day with Berrymans in the accelerator pump hole. If that ball is still stuck in there I am going in through the welch plug, Hopfully I can find another plug.

Thank you! I never thought of that. I just drilled a pin hole in the plug and was able to weasel it out without ruining it. Compressed air from this side blew the little sucker out.
uploadfromtaptalk1433510914360.jpg
On with the build!

It's funny, I just drilled the hole when you replied to the thread. I have a weber here collecting dust if your looking for another one.

I have had them where even compressed air thru that access hole doesn't work. But a 3/32 bend put on the end of a straightened out paper clip does!;)

Best

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom