Power Steering (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 40 and am now seriously considering power steering, i dont want to spend the money for the jto bolt in kit, so my question is:
Is there anyone (shop or person) in north west washington area that can fab something up for a reasonable price?

thanks,
burrows

Will i run into any issues with it fitting or clearance, i do have a small block in my rig? Also I've noticed that my headers come within an inch of my steering shaft, will this be a problem?

If anyone has any ps parts for sale (pump, gearbox, brackets,ect) let me know

thanks

should be lots of write-ups in the tech section

I bought a PS gearbox from Woody out of a 84? mini truck, $50, a rebuilt Saginaw PS pump from O'Reilly's,$49.95, pulley through GM dealer $20, Brackets to mount pump and gearbox from Wdorry@yahoo. $170, but they're cool and very "factory" looking. Rag joint, about $25. Hoses made locally(metric for gearbox side and SAE for Sag pump). I'm going to tnstall a PS cooler to lengthen the life of pump and box, probably a pick-n-pull transmission cooler. So I'm guessing about $300-350 and a Saturday will get me there.
It was either PS or go back to the weight bench. Tough choice.
GL
Ed Long :beer:

I bought my complete mini truck set up from a guy on Pirate4x4 for $75. It was off his 85 that he was swapping to high steer. The only thing I had to buy was JTOutfitters gearbox bracket for $95. So that puts me at $170. You should just put an add or two out at Pirate and other Toyota truck forums and see what you can come up with. The mini set up is a bolt-on deal so you should be able to handle it with no major fabricating. Good luck!

You may need to flip your alternator to the pass side if it is not already there. It makes things a lot less cluttered. &nbsp:Do you already have a two pulley harmonic balancer? &nbsp:Don't know what year '40 you have, so sorry for all the questions.
The pump mount I got uses the motor mount bolts, NOT the head bolts, I like that.
GL
Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom