Power Steering fluid "Recharge" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thank you for posting that. I am going to give it try this weekend!

clint

Sure thing. It really quieted my pump down, especially on cold mornings.

By the way, just checked out your ROTW from your sig line. Sharp. Here's to clean silver 60s. I just gotta get mine off these stock springs.

So would that mean that the ATF on the market would not be right for a fj62 transmission, that use to use the same as the power steering? I dunno but it's just a fluid running through a pump...does he think the new atf will deteriorate the seals? I'd bet vegetable fry oil would work if you changed it often enough

Not trying to start a argument, cause i don't know the answer..and it could make sense...it just doesn't?

I don't know either, just thought I would post up and get others insights...

I don't know either, just thought I would post up and get others insights...

Okay, it is interesting, and still all I can think of is maybe the seal thing. but usually this kind of stuff is re-formulated to make it last longer or lube better. I doubt that "power steering" fluid is the same as 20 years ago iether. Seems it all is going synthetic, and most of that will mix with the regular..

I kinda opened a can of worms with this thread...but it's been educational. the Flushing instructions cleared up some questions I had about engine running or not..

later
HD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom