Power seat down... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Passenger's side seat won't go back...after looking under the seat, it is obvious that only the outside worm-drive screw is turning. Anyone ever had a similar problem? If so, what is the fix? Might be a good time to Landtank up on the seat extenders (could hide costs from LOML by digusing as repair costs ;))

Thanks in advance.

Kyle

C'mon fella's, i am in a bind since i am hoping to take the 80 out of town at daylight... You guys haven't started :beer: a day early have ya?

Thanks man. I came to the same conclusion as Landtank...don't think i am going to Pony up $75 right now, i am just going to leave the seat all the way back.

I recently bought a 95, and neither of my seats would move forward or backward. Your problem is probably just a couple of stripped gears and maybe a missing plastic cap. I ordered replacements from nakman (I think the gears are about $10 each and the cap is $5). There is one gearbox attached directly to the motor and another one attached via a short drive shaft/cable to the other gearbox (this one has the cap). I used a vice and a 15mm deepwell socket to press off the old gears and (carefully) press on the new ones.

I cleaned out all the old grease and plastic gear grit, regreased everything, cleaned and greased the worm screws and rails while they were out, put everything back together, and both seats work fine now. Actually in my case I also had to replace the brushes on the passenger seat motor because one of the gearbox bolts was missing and the motor had run slightly sideways and worn the brushes. My driver's seat probably only took an hour or two to remove, clean, repair, and reinstall.

nakman (I think the gears are about $10 each and the cap is $5 I need 2 caps. What is nakman is this a web site???

I dont mean to jump in but Im curious. My 93 has all the extra crap yet I dont have electric seats. I am glad I dont. But was that a seperate option?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom