power locks doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all! This has happened to me tha past couple times...

When I unlock the doors using the remote and open the back door for a minute the doors (power locks) lock.

Is this common?

I had this one time too :rolleyes:

Maybe it this common ???

Mike

I just don't want to get locked out, ya know.

Check the dome light to see if it comes on,if not its the door switch causing the problem.
the system is set up to "relock" if a door is not opened in 30 seconds or so.
sounds like the system is not seeing you open that rear door,so maybe the switch for that door is bad or intermittant(and thats a common prob with the door switches)

doug

on my 93 this was a *setting* of the factory alarm... ::)

Actually....the doors didn't lock but the alarm armed... (leading to really annoying alarms in the campsite...yea...that was me ::) )

I pulled the computer out from under the DS seat and flipped a little dip switch and that fixed it for good!

Only arms when I bush the remote button now :D

there are different alarms though, and some have a complicated "switch on, push and hold the button, flash the headlights 3 times, and fart once" system to change the settings....

they could lock the doors also.

HTH!

Thanks you guys....

Just a thought.....Mine did the same thing for a few days after I left the windows down and it rained....problem cleared up after something presumably dried out.

[quote author=96Cruiser link=board=2;threadid=8768;start=msg75586#msg75586 date=1071422781]
Check the dome light to see if it comes on,if not its the door switch causing the problem.
the system is set up to "relock" if a door is not opened in 30 seconds or so.
sounds like the system is not seeing you open that rear door,so maybe the switch for that door is bad or intermittant(and thats a common prob with the door switches)

doug
[/quote]

Thanks Doug, :beer: :beer:

that was the mistake in my case. Changed the switches and everything is okay now. :cheers:

Mike

I had my driver's side control console have a good amount of oxidation in it that needed cleaning out...before I got to it I noticed my doors would unlock if I hit the window button, etc.

Could just be a shorted connection in there if none of these other ideas pan out.

Worth a shot!

Ok, i think it is the switches for the 2 back doors. I need to pull them out and clean them up. If that dosent work, I guess I gotta buy em... Anyone got a part #?

I have the same thing happen. Could be that I need to replace the PS rear door switch. I have the switch from CDan, but haven't put in in yet. Hint as to where to order from PDoyle. Dan needs to feed the dogs right now!

I've always thought it was factory set that if the DRIVER'S door wasn't opened within about 30 secs that the system would relock the truck. Learned what I've always thought was the factory setting the hard way on a boy scout ski trip. Gave the keys to one of the kids to get his wallet from the back for lunch. He came back and I asked for the keys. He gave me a dumb, opps, type of look and said they were locked in the truck! AAA had them out in about 20 minutes once they showed up. Kid had only opened up either the rear or passenger doors, but not the drivers door.

CDan, is this the way it's supposed to be from the factory on the security system?

Thanks for the info. Brent...

If you have the TVSS, opening any of the four doors or the rear hatch should disable the rearming of the security system when it is unlocked via the key fob. If it doesn't it’s more than likely a door switch that needs attention. I successfully revived the rear door switches by unbolting them from the door to gain access to spray in some WD40 and working them. I did that to the fronts as well but they still had been working properly. Don’t know about the rear hatch but it still works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom