power antenna switch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a power antenna up-down button right above the stereo but it doesn't work. has anyone had any experience with this?

On your 97 the antenna is automatic. It completely descends into the fender when the radio is turned off (or a CD or ignition off) and it extends when the radio is turned on. The up/down buttons give manual control and set the desired height of the mast. For daily use, you never touch the buttons on a 97.

Does this describe the way yours works? If not, then the problem is probably the plastic gear in the motor, not the buttons.

-B-

Aftermarket stereo ?

Either way check that the [glow=blue,20000,30000]blue[/glow] wire is hooked up .

Exactly. Works fine doing everything else its supposed to, but have no manual control over it via the button. A real PITA when going through the car wash.
Although, it doesn't go down when I turn the radio off. Only when I turn the ignition off. ? Normal?

Nope, not normal. It should go down when you turn the stereo off or where you switch to CD (and when you turn the truck off) - sounds like it's the wire Tyler mentioned.

Cheers, Hugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom