1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

power antenna switch

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by SoCalCruiser, Dec 3, 2003.

1. SoCalCruiser

SoCalCruiser

I have a power antenna up-down button right above the stereo but it doesn't work. has anyone had any experience with this?

2. Beowulf

Beowulf

On your 97 the antenna is automatic. It completely descends into the fender when the radio is turned off (or a CD or ignition off) and it extends when the radio is turned on. The up/down buttons give manual control and set the desired height of the mast. For daily use, you never touch the buttons on a 97.

Does this describe the way yours works? If not, then the problem is probably the plastic gear in the motor, not the buttons.

-B-

3. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

Aftermarket stereo ?

Either way check that the [glow=blue,20000,30000]blue[/glow] wire is hooked up .

4. SoCalCruiser

SoCalCruiser

Exactly. Works fine doing everything else its supposed to, but have no manual control over it via the button. A real PITA when going through the car wash.
    Although, it doesn't go down when I turn the radio off. Only when I turn the ignition off. ? Normal?

5. CDN_Cruiser

CDN_Cruiser

Nope, not normal. It should go down when you turn the stereo off or where you switch to CD (and when you turn the truck off) - sounds like it's the wire Tyler mentioned.

Cheers, Hugh