Poverty Pack (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone with a poverty pack lucky enough to have a surviving window sticker. Wonder what it would have listed on there?

My 95 came with manual cloth seats, plastic single lid console, rubber steering wheel and shifter, no running boards or roof rack, did have third row belts, sliding windows and sunroof. Interior cloth still looks almost new. I added the lockers too.

A dealer never was able to order options on the Land Cruiser. They were just received what TMC allocated and what port installed options were installed. If you wanted something unusual you just had to wait a very long time before became available or were able to work with the dealership to do a dealer trade. It's not like the domestic manufactures which still can place factory orders.

Yes true to a degree, as a dealer you didn’t have 100% control, but there was a process for vehicles to be ordered to a spec within the Toyota option set of the items listed. Likely Toyota respective zone offices whether it be TMC regions, SET, GST, CAT etc. had more input into the vehicle configuration ordered for that geographical area making it possible to “order/build” occasional different configurations.

My point was that to my knowledge fender flares could not be omitted/ordered without/deleted, at any level, as all US Spec FZJ 80’s received them, like A/C, Auto, power windows, locks etc. apologies that wasn’t more clear.

Anyone with a poverty pack lucky enough to have a surviving window sticker. Wonder what it would have listed on there?

I think it would look like this one I borrowed from another thread, but with nothing listed on the right hand side other than emissions. Looks like $42,433 would have gotten you a Poverty Pack!

FD319D71-A0CA-44A4-9C63-7183C58843ED.jpeg

I don't know if mine is a poverty pack, but it is a 96' with cloth, manual seats, unlocked, without a roof rack. It does, however, have a sunroof, and came with a double din stereo with CD.

There are different "levels" of poverty pack.

The lowest possible is no running boards (means you get default front mud flaps), steel wheels, cloth, no sunroof, no 3rd row means no sliding windows, no seat anchors on the floor, no alarm, no port installed options like roof rack, spoiler.

I've only ever seen one for sale where it was all that but had factory locking diffs.

Just out of curiosity what would you guys say the value would be for a poverty pack? Late model and earlier model in fair to good condition?

I recently acquired a ‘97 U.S. spec poverty pack. Here is the sticker. Sorry the pics kind of suck, I lifted them from a video. I’ll post better ones when the 80 arrives. Only options on this one were alloy wheels, premium stereo, floor mats, and alarm system. Sneak peak…

CFAA6665-217A-4D97-9618-9721A63ED759.png

2C5026CA-9305-402D-AF13-2A1E5AEFB1CB.png

0AC2F791-D8B3-49BE-BFA3-8DEFE2949A98.png

A49B6558-0602-434B-AC0A-6526FF843236.png

^^^ Super rare that late in the game for the USDM.
Scouring through all the threads on Mud, I’ve only seen 4 USDM FZJ80 pov packs, and 3/4 were for sure 97’s.

I recently acquired a ‘97 U.S. spec poverty pack. Here is the sticker. Sorry the pics kind of suck, I lifted them from a video. I’ll post better ones when the 80 arrives. Only options on this one were alloy wheels, premium stereo, floor mats, and alarm system. Sneak peak…

Very cool, do share once it arrives.

Scouring through all the threads on Mud, I’ve only seen 4 USDM FZJ80 pov packs, and 3/4 were for sure 97’s.
Very nice and certainly rare! Congratulations!

I have only ever read about a couple of other 96/97 and am aware of one other outside of Mud, a white one in Cali with ultra low mileage, lockers, std radio, and sadly roof rack and running boards!

Yours looks much better without the rack!

Very nice and certainly rare! Congratulations!

I have only ever read about a couple of other 96/97 and am aware of one other outside of Mud, a white one in Cali with ultra low mileage, lockers, std radio, and sadly roof rack and running boards!

Yours looks much better without the rack!
Thanks! I'd like to see me more of these 80's pop out of the woodwork. The previous owner on mine added running boards at some point. I'm going to pull them and put front flaps on. The only other thing I plan to do is buy the steelies and caps. Keep it simple.

Thanks! I'd like to see me more of these 80's pop out of the woodwork. The previous owner on mine added running boards at some point. I'm going to pull them and put front flaps on. The only other thing I plan to do is buy the steelies and caps. Keep it simple.
I am not certain there are many more late ones remaining to pop up.

Oddly, the other one has alloys as well. I can’t really recall if the couple others on Mud had factory equipped steel wheels, but that should definitely be the look. I thought I could buy the one I mentioned, but the owner decided to hold, I already had the steel wheels from another project ready to add, looking forward to seeing pics when you get it completed!

Gauges were also different, at one point someone on Mud posted from China and was driving an 80 with just a speedometer and a huge gas gauge where the tach would go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom