Poverty Pack (1 Viewer)

My 95 came with manual cloth seats, plastic single lid console, rubber steering wheel and shifter, no running boards or roof rack, did have third row belts, sliding windows and sunroof. Interior cloth still looks almost new. I added the lockers too.

desmocruiser

SILVER Star
A dealer never was able to order options on the Land Cruiser. They were just received what TMC allocated and what port installed options were installed. If you wanted something unusual you just had to wait a very long time before became available or were able to work with the dealership to do a dealer trade. It's not like the domestic manufactures which still can place factory orders.

Yes true to a degree, as a dealer you didn’t have 100% control, but there was a process for vehicles to be ordered to a spec within the Toyota option set of the items listed. Likely Toyota respective zone offices whether it be TMC regions, SET, GST, CAT etc. had more input into the vehicle configuration ordered for that geographical area making it possible to “order/build” occasional different configurations.

My point was that to my knowledge fender flares could not be omitted/ordered without/deleted, at any level, as all US Spec FZJ 80’s received them, like A/C, Auto, power windows, locks etc. apologies that wasn’t more clear.

desmocruiser

SILVER Star
Anyone with a poverty pack lucky enough to have a surviving window sticker. Wonder what it would have listed on there?

I think it would look like this one I borrowed from another thread, but with nothing listed on the right hand side other than emissions. Looks like $42,433 would have gotten you a Poverty Pack!

FD319D71-A0CA-44A4-9C63-7183C58843ED.jpeg

I don't know if mine is a poverty pack, but it is a 96' with cloth, manual seats, unlocked, without a roof rack. It does, however, have a sunroof, and came with a double din stereo with CD.

There are different "levels" of poverty pack.

The lowest possible is no running boards (means you get default front mud flaps), steel wheels, cloth, no sunroof, no 3rd row means no sliding windows, no seat anchors on the floor, no alarm, no port installed options like roof rack, spoiler.

I've only ever seen one for sale where it was all that but had factory locking diffs.

Just out of curiosity what would you guys say the value would be for a poverty pack? Late model and earlier model in fair to good condition?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom