Poverty Pack Modifications / Feature Delete Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^^^^^Those parts come up as 80 series parts. The 2nd to last digit reads "6" not "3"

Try:
67491-60060
67492-60060
(I said something inaccurate here which I deleted) you're right, the ones I mentioned above seem to be 80 series. Facepalm.

Last edited:
It's correct. Just take another look at the pictures @UncleJakeNZ posted. ;)

It's correct. Just take another look at the pictures @UncleJakeNZ posted. ;)
Urgh - I need my glasses adjusted, apparently. The 60070 version seems to be the grille one. Thanks for your help. Now, to find some...

I put after market Alpine speakers in mine, sounded much better. You could also hook them up as extension speakers for 2 way radio. I did that with my HJ75.

Worth a shot, but any of the 100 series come without a rear wiper and just a plug in its place? Dont think I've ever used my rear wiper out of all my 100's over the years. A lot of delete plugs out there with various sizes but thought I'd check to see if there was an OE part to go in its place.

I put after market Alpine speakers in mine, sounded much better. You could also hook them up as extension speakers for 2 way radio. I did that with my HJ75.
Just going to yank the speakers, replace the grilles empty, and replace the in-doors until I find grilles at a decent cost...

Worth a shot, but any of the 100 series come without a rear wiper and just a plug in its place? Dont think I've ever used my rear wiper out of all my 100's over the years. A lot of delete plugs out there with various sizes but thought I'd check to see if there was an OE part to go in its place.
I've been using this rubber plug made by Honda for years:

OEM Rear Wiper Block Off Delete Plug Grommet Cap For Mazda3 MAZDASPEED3 Scion xB | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/323508153003?fits=Make%3AHonda&epid=1522119462&hash=item4b5296aaab:g:~gIAAOSwTm9aS-ON

It's a perfect fit @ 32mm.

I think @jerryb has a metal one that he painted to match that looks nice.

Wiper Plug.jpeg

Last edited:
hmm they have a rear wiper delete kit for my Golf wonder if that'll work on this

you have to measure the outside hole and inside. It's not as easy to find one that works. It's not exactly flat on the inside. Normal ones had on ebay domestically weren't good enough for me.
I went through three metal ones before i found one. I cannot read my ebay from 4 years ago to say who it was from. I think the netherlands though.

Thanks Jerry. I'm going to roll the dice on the Honda one since it looks like it can conform a bit and has that nice inner lip to seal it up.

Ironically i used to buy these in the early 2000's when I would build out my JDM hondas. full circle.

I ordered OEM bumper covers (p/n 521596A914, 521196B920) to replace the beat up white bumper covers on my 98. I was expecting them to be textured grey so that I could install them as is, but instead they are a semi-gloss black which wouldn't look good at all on the white truck. Obviously they're intended to be primed and painted, but my ignorant assumption was that they would be a direct bolt-on for this look: st.depositphotos.com/1006624/4903/i/950/depositphotos_49030941-stock-photo-toyota-land-cruiser-100.jpg

Does anyone have thoughts or ideas on a method for getting the textured grey look with the new bumper covers? I'm thinking maybe bead blasting them or trying out a textured spray like this. Alternatively, it seems like the aftermarket bumper covers are molded with grey plastic (like this one on eBay), but I can't find any good photos of them to confirm.

It's a winner. Slightly blocked by my ARB drawers but you can still get the cover in and out as long as what's in the pocket won't immediately fall out.

View attachment 2232579View attachment 2232580
Is this usefull ? I mean, Is the volume interesting? Can you give me an idea of what this can accommodate? If we can believe this to be a "universal" measure, how many boxes of tissue can fit into it? You are free to give another reference ;)

Poverty-adjacent question. I pulled my factory roof rack off, and want to replace the roof side trim… and was hoping the poverty pack clan would know the part numbers for the trim that goes over all the roof rack screws. I am hoping for it being all one piece, with no cutouts for the roof rack feet. I am also replacing my windshield and have been told there is a different trim numbers for LC without roof racks… so trying to track it all down to do at once. Any suggestions?

I don't attempt to buy from Amayama anymore. Several cancelled orders. Their stock/availability is not real time. Partsouq has been good though.
If you enter "other" as shipping method and request availability check, they'll confirm availability via email and avoid the cancellation/partial fulfillment mess.

Poverty-adjacent question. I pulled my factory roof rack off, and want to replace the roof side trim… and was hoping the poverty pack clan would know the part numbers for the trim that goes over all the roof rack screws. I am hoping for it being all one piece, with no cutouts for the roof rack feet. I am also replacing my windshield and have been told there is a different trim numbers for LC without roof racks… so trying to track it all down to do at once. Any suggestions?
I got these two from Partsouq when I decided to run without a rack. They fit my 2001 LX and I suspect it will fit all years. It has knock out sections for rack mounting points that you can leave in place for a seemless look:
7550660031MOULDING, ROOF DRIP SIDE FINISH, LH
7550560031MOULDING, ROOF DRIP SIDE FINISH, RH

Having said that, if I were to do this again, I won't bother with this OEM moldings - they were flimsy and not visible unless you are looking at them directly from the top. It was a waste of money IMHO. I would look for a generic rubber side molding, cut it to size and just glue it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom