posting again on heater problem 84 luke warm and low air flow (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello all second thread cant find my first from last year otherwise id update it, this a 84 original AC truck no longer hooked up but just has luke warm heat and air flow through defrosters for windshield ,i am now living at 9000 feet in Colorado and need it . i know its a flapper door i just don't want to tear the friggin dash out I've done it before on second gens and its a all day affaire , i have access to driver side and can see actuator for vent to defrost is working but cold to hot actuator i cant see and air flow and heat is somehow half blocked aim guessing any suggestions would be greatly appreciated .need to add i do not believe heater core is plugged ,in and out hose to heater core is hot and flow is good . checked intake to fan its good .what its not =bad thermostat ,plugged heater core ,fan

How do you know for sure the core is not plugged externally? I've seen a LOT of them so plugged with dust that they looked like a solid block. I'm in DUSTY Arizona though. The water can still flow through but, you sure don't get much air flow.

There is no air filter so dust and condensation on the A/C coil equals a plugged evap. Isn't the evap in front of the heater core? Just a thought.

How do you know for sure the core is not plugged externally? I've seen a LOT of them so plugged with dust that they looked like a solid block. I'm in DUSTY Arizona though. The water can still flow through but, you sure don't get much air flow.

There is no air filter so dust and condensation on the A/C coil equals a plugged evap. Isn't the evap in front of the heater core? Just a thought.
This is what he is talking about. The AC evaporator sits between the fan and the heater core. It can get plugged up.

20171107_115120-sm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom