Post your wheeling damage pics (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wonder if there are subtle differences on this lower mount by model year. The main bolt was loose, but there was no way the front edge of the skid was going to fit any closer to the frame (many hefty blows with a 2 lb hammer).
Had to pound mine, but I have no doubt it is an upgrade. My mounts were toast.

I wonder if there are subtle differences on this lower mount by model year. The main bolt was loose, but there was no way the front edge of the skid was going to fit any closer to the frame (many hefty blows with a 2 lb hammer).
I believe there are minor differences by model year. I was able to get the passenger side to sit closer, at least was able to get the screws installed. The driver side is a different story. Many hefty hammer blows and it will not sit flush and screws are too short to connect. Figure maybe some more wheeling and hitting a rock will snug it up.

Not my damage per say, but saved a buddy from not 1, 2, but 3 tire failures this weekend. 1 tire absolutely destroyed. 2 tires just popped beads that the LX dual Viair OBA was able to re-seat. Of course the popped beads happened in a pinch where he simultaneously lost both rear tires and was outright stuck on sliders.

Where this is relevant for the 200-series is probably the LX that has similar stock 20x8.5 wheels sizes to the F150.

PSA - don't run a 275 width lower profile tires on a tall wide wheel, as many LX owners seem to do. Namely a 275/55R20 on an 8.5" width wheel. At 20PSI, tires failed all too easily. IMO, needs more sidewall height either by taller diameter tires or smaller diameter wheels. Also, poor mans beadlock is a thing, and for a 8.5" wide rim, really need 285s or wider.

View attachment 2941264

View attachment 2941265
If you need to remind him of 55 profile issues he gets what he gets.

If you need to remind him of 55 profile issues he gets what he gets.

Yup, he heard that loud and clear. Came back with some manly AT tires - Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T tires in 33x12.5R17s. These things are probably the most aggressive A/T tires I've ever seen. Looking more like hybrid or M/T tires. He says they have pretty good road manners and aren't very loud. I think they just came out? Probably worth checking out for those looking at the more aggressive end.

1649720018572.png

Unfortunately for another buddy, we lost another KO2. In size 315/70R17 @20PSI and he was still able to pinch a sidewall and destroy the tire. Not saying any other brand tire would have fared better, but it is what it is and the vaunted KO2 sidewall strength is not keeping us out of trouble.

1649720237895.png

Yup, he heard that loud and clear. Came back with some manly AT tires - Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T tires in 33x12.5R17s. These things are probably the most aggressive A/T tires I've ever seen. Looking more like hybrid or M/T tires. He says they have pretty good road manners and aren't very loud. I think they just came out? Probably worth checking out for those looking at the more aggressive end.

View attachment 2978556

Unfortunately for another buddy, we lost another KO2. In size 315/70R17 @20PSI and he was still able to pinch a sidewall and destroy the tire. Not saying any other brand tire would have fared better, but it is what it is and the vaunted KO2 sidewall strength is not keeping us out of trouble.

View attachment 2978569
Stout looking tires.

View attachment 2978556

View attachment 2978569
Besides receiving a lot of rave reviews, it looks like these Baja Boss AT also measure larger than the spec size suggests. Their 285/65R18 comes in at 33.2" instead of 32.6", making it a true 33 (over 1/2" bigger than the spec). Being oversized places it nicely halfway between a normal 285/65R18 and 285/70R18. I think that will keep it in the no-rub size for mostly stock vehicles (with perhaps some minor adjustments).

Also 3-ply sidewalls. But also very heavy.

Armor took an absolute beating in Moab. Several people in 200's that had a different bumper made comments that the Dissent seemed to be holding up better than theirs. So props to Ben and the Dissent team for that.

IMG_0978.jpg
IMG_0973.jpg
IMG_0976.jpg
IMG_0977.jpg
IMG_0979.jpg

Armor took an absolute beating in Moab. Several people in 200's that had a different bumper made comments that the Dissent seemed to be holding up better than theirs. So props to Ben and the Dissent team for that.

View attachment 3000457View attachment 3000458View attachment 3000459View attachment 3000460View attachment 3000461
Well done ! Those sliders took some serious punishment. Looks like the front of the passenger slider is even crushed in, is that right, wow?!

I am also super impressed with the Dissent rear bumper. Provides immense clearance and their design pretty much eliminates getting caught or hung up.

More Moab damage, and the first for our 200. Typical rear bumper scrapes, bent resonator tip, and "relocated" 7 pin connection. I had to duct tape the trailer plug to the connection on the way home. Sliders did their job. Took a few small hits on the rear LCAs and put a nice dent in the factory front skid plate.

Minor scrapes occurred on the Arches family run, with more substantial damage on Dome Plateau (but did run a few of the harder lines). The stock rear bumper of a 200 is exceptionally low, bulky, and in the way.

This is my wife's DD/kid hauler so she wasn't thrilled about the rear bumper, but the timing of vendor night was perfect and she approved a Dissent rear bumper sans swing outs as a suitable replacement. This was the first time really wheeling the 200 and overall I am impressed, especially with the traction control. Way more advanced than the 100 series era ATRAC. It basically felt like I had F/R lockers.

52053721079_e28756ac1e_c.jpg

52052438187_b6f5ceb025_c.jpg

52052438217_b952cf554d_c.jpg

Perhaps a relocation bracket would be a better idea. :popcorn:

Yep. Just up like 2-3 inches. Then it's protected by the adjacent recovery point.

I need to design a trailer plug guard.
I took mine off before I ran any trails at Cruise Moab this year. Then put it back on so I could pull my trailer home. Looking forward to my Dissent rear bumper I have on order. It will relocate it into the face of the bumper out of harms way.

If you don't pull a trailer just unplug at pigtail and store in vehicle ( jack compartment?)

I need to design a trailer plug guard.
I would buy a guard. Regarding plug relocation: with a spare tire tucked under there, there's almost no room to relocate the plug higher and still have it be accessible.

Honestly, what I really want is a set of tube sliders that go under the OEM rear bumper wings (trim the bumper up just a few inches to accommodate it, like how @MTKID trimmed his rear bumper), with plate steel covering the full gap between the tube and the frame (and thus protecting the trailer plug, and creating a cavity that can protect other goodies that could be mounted in there like a relocated charcoal canister). I've been mentally hyping myself up to try this project on my own, but if someone else wanted to make it first.... I'd be okay with that 😄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom