Post your wheeling damage pics (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good ideas, thanks! I like the idea of bending it straight, even if it makes it more difficult to use. Even if I remove it before running trails, having it straight protects it for the times I forget to remove it.

The relocation of the 7 pin connector was one of the features that help me decide on ordering the Dissent rear bumper. I wish I would have it before Cruise Moab this year but I procrastinated to long so will most likely not have it in time. I will be towing a trailer out there so I will most likely remove it when I get there to run the trails.

It would be clever to make a folding mount with just enough resistance in the hinge to keep it folded up when not purposely folded down.

It would be clever to make a folding mount with just enough resistance in the hinge to keep it folded up when not purposely folded down.
I think that's exactly what I'll try.

20220228_112629 (1).jpg

Crunched the snorkel up good against the trees. No damage to the snorkel but the fender crinkled pretty good.

Luckily I have access to an amazing dent guy and he straightened out the fender.

Dont take black trails when it's icy, lesson learned.

Not my damage per say, but saved a buddy from not 1, 2, but 3 tire failures this weekend. 1 tire absolutely destroyed. 2 tires just popped beads that the LX dual Viair OBA was able to re-seat. Of course the popped beads happened in a pinch where he simultaneously lost both rear tires and was outright stuck on sliders.

Where this is relevant for the 200-series is probably the LX that has similar stock 20x8.5 wheels sizes to the F150.

PSA - don't run a 275 width lower profile tires on a tall wide wheel, as many LX owners seem to do. Namely a 275/55R20 on an 8.5" width wheel. At 20PSI, tires failed all too easily. IMO, needs more sidewall height either by taller diameter tires or smaller diameter wheels. Also, poor mans beadlock is a thing, and for a 8.5" wide rim, really need 285s or wider.

1646240336856.png

1646240585927.png

Not my damage per say, but saved a buddy from not 1, 2, but 3 tire failures this weekend. 1 tire absolutely destroyed. 2 tires just popped beads that the LX dual Viair OBA was able to re-seat. Of course the popped beads happened in a pinch where he simultaneously lost both rear tires and was outright stuck on sliders.

Where this is relevant for the 200-series is probably the LX that has similar stock 20x8.5 wheels sizes to the F150.

PSA - don't run a 275 width lower profile tires on a tall wide wheel, as many LX owners seem to do. Namely a 275/55R20 on an 8.5" width wheel. At 20PSI, tires failed all too easily. IMO, needs more sidewall height either by taller diameter tires or smaller diameter wheels. Also, poor mans beadlock is a thing, and for a 8.5" wide rim, really need 285s or wider.

View attachment 2941264

View attachment 2941265
E Load or D?

Have you replaced the rear bumper with something more stout?

I have to say, Sonora Gold is my favorite 200 OEM color code. Great looking truck w/ the lift and rock warrior combo.
He did replace the bumper and posted:

Have not seen yet in person. Think he headed straight to Moab after installing!

Have you replaced the rear bumper with something more stout?

I have to say, Sonora Gold is my favorite 200 OEM color code. Great looking truck w/ the lift and rock warrior combo.
Yup just recently slapped a trail tailor rear on there. Leaving for Utah next weekend to bash it up!

Not mine. Not sure that snorkel's going to help much.

Not mine. Not sure that snorkel's going to help much.

Needs a taller snorkel

Given how far under water it started I'm assuming that vehicle was being winched out...

Kept hitting the control arm mounts. I hate that they extend down a few inches below anything else. I guess I need some skids for them.

20220402_195745.jpg

Ordered. Maybe I'm lucky, it seems @TRAIL TAILOR is the only one that makes these for the 200, and it's hit or miss is he's recently made a batch. Only 3 sets left in stock on the website.

Ordered. Maybe I'm lucky, it seems @TRAIL TAILOR is the only one that makes these for the 200, and it's hit or miss is he's recently made a batch. Only 3 sets left in stock on the website.
@TRAIL TAILOR is this supposed to slide on easy? I had a very difficult time. With the stock mount flaring out slightly at the bottom, and the sides of the stock mount not being flat, it really took a lot of pounding to get the skid on there. One of the self-tapping bolts broke with little effort, too (tightening by hand). It seems impossible to get the leading plane to sit flush against the frame (makes me think that any impact is going to compress and likely break the length of those two low-strength bolts in the gap between the front of the skid and the frame).

I only installed one side because now I'm unsure if this is actually a good fit.

Here's the interference on the outside driver's edge, doesn't like to slide past that protrusion:

20220409_160454.jpg

Pounded it past that, but this is as far as the frame allows it to hinge upward:

20220409_163439.jpg

20220409_162801.jpg

20220409_162734.jpg

@TRAIL TAILOR is this supposed to slide on easy? I had a very difficult time. With the stock mount flaring out slightly at the bottom, and the sides of the stock mount not being flat, it really took a lot of pounding to get the skid on there. One of the self-tapping bolts broke with little effort, too (tightening by hand). It seems impossible to get the leading plane to sit flush against the frame (makes me think that any impact is going to compress and likely break the length of those two low-strength bolts in the gap between the front of the skid and the frame).

I only installed one side because now I'm unsure if this is actually a good fit.

Here's the interference on the outside driver's edge, doesn't like to slide past that protrusion:

View attachment 2976541

Pounded it past that, but this is as far as the frame allows it to hinge upward:

View attachment 2976542
View attachment 2976544
View attachment 2976545

@FerrisBueller

Pending any prior damage to the mount they all fit a bit different. Some require " pounding" and others none. Install bolt loose, push skid to frame, drill hole at angle of skids using the skid hole as a guide, use self tap bolt. Tighten main 14mm bolt.

I use a 1/2" impact on the tapers for all installs at the shop for 80, 100 and these 200 skids.

PXL_20211127_202041805.jpg

I wonder if there are subtle differences on this lower mount by model year. The main bolt was loose, but there was no way the front edge of the skid was going to fit any closer to the frame (many hefty blows with a 2 lb hammer).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom