Post your Tie-Down's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We've all seen various different ways of securing your cargo in your 60, lets see yours !

Did you drill through the floor and make anchor points?

do you have a snug fiting drawer setup which is some how anchored down?

lets see your anchor points, tie-down's and cargo setups

I drilled thru the floor and attached D-rings from a farm supply store with bolts, fender washers and nuts.

There are 3 D-rings down each side. Did not take a pic showing them all. This pic shows the two rear ones anchoring ammo/tool boxes. For those I used turnbuckles to tie them down solidly.
010.JPG

I made a platform out of plywood and wrapped it in indoor/outdoor carpet from home depot. $1.50/sq ft.

Put d-rings where I wanted them on the platform, and drilled up through from under the floor in 4 spots to secure it.

There are not a lot of drilling options in a 60 cargo area, given the space that the fuel tank takes up. But with the platform you can at least put d-rings where you want them. L-track or similar would be even better but like most things in the 60, this was a budget project.

The fender washers show where the through-bolts are.

BF1B6720-F02C-4EA7-8570-618288875777.jpeg
68A89D4D-FED2-48AC-8C73-32B644C3D180.jpeg

I made a platform out of plywood and wrapped it in indoor/outdoor carpet from home depot. $1.50/sq ft.

Put d-rings where I wanted them on the platform, and drilled up through from under the floor in 4 spots to secure it.

I should have done it that way. The fuel tank is definitely in the way of adding tie downs where you want them.

I should have done it that way. The fuel tank is definitely in the way of adding tie downs where you want them.

Since you already have the holes drilled, you could always just re-purpose them for holding down a platform.

Since you already have the holes drilled, you could always just re-purpose them for holding down a platform.

Great minds think alike.

My only reluctance is that my D-rings are in the corrugated floor low spots and are not in the way when not in use.

Tell me how you attached the carpet to the plywood.

Timely topic as I want to mount my Dometic fridge in the back. Nice idea and execution on the plywood Dfxer!

Great minds think alike.

My only reluctance is that my D-rings are in the corrugated floor low spots and are not in the way when not in use.

Tell me how you attached the carpet to the plywood.

Pretty easy - used some 3M spray adhesive on the ply, let it get tacky. Then wrapped carpet and hit it (a lot) with a staple gun on the opposite side. So it’s not perfectly flat on the bottom but it really doesn’t matter. Here’s a pic:

1E9B830D-4B4A-471C-BEBC-9E987F068FE4.jpeg

Thanks DFXR.

What thickness plywood did you use?

Thanks DFXR.

What thickness plywood did you use?

i think it was 5/8. Since you’re wrapping it in carpet, it definitely does not need to be high grade.

The carpet from home depot comes in a gray, also. Nothing is an exact match for our interiors but they’re close.

I think was at around $40 for ply, carpet, d-rings and 3M spray, and another $25 for the SS hardware that secures the platform.

So far it’s worked really well. I have not been upside down, luckily, but I have been tipped over pretty good and everything stayed put.

Drill two 1/4" holes about one inch apart in floor at corners. Feed nylon line into holes and tie figure 8 stop knots under floor to create secured loops.

I used L Track all over my van and really like the stuff. It is super strong and very versatile as you can move tie-downs wherever you want them. It's also pretty unintrusive so doesn't get in the way when you arent using tie-downs.

View attachment 2435692

That is exactly what I had in mind for my Rig. We use them in aviation and they are super tough, adjustable, and out of the way when you move the rings. I think @kevinmrowland from WagonGear did something similar.

It isnt cheap, but its worth it.

Nice solution!

lots of different ways to solve the same problem here. All depends on how much $$ you'd like to throw at it and what you are wanting out of your cargo area

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom