Post your high-mileage 100-series!!! (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine at 310000 is petrol.

I don't know the numbers but it seems like most mudder's are based in the states and I would assume that the vast majority of posts with mpg (vs kph) are running petrol instead of deisel .

2000 with 118,000. Creampuff just purchased. Thought I'd add my 2 bits due to the tranny discussion on the thread. Mine had a new tranny put in at 63K. The owner lost the receipt but did not have to disclose this. I joined Toyota nation & pulled up the history and sure enough it was there. But the kicker here is it shows only as tranny maint. (maybe some kind of code on the paper work spells it out but not to the novice eye?) The owner said he had to fight with Toyota to get it replaced & it was a brand new full replacement tranny because he would not accept a rebuild on the original. Based on this information & the paperwork I was looking at I can only assume it was deliberate by Toyota to call it maint. & not call it out as a full tranny replace. My opinion is we will never know how many trannies failed in the 2000's unless Toyota gives out the numbers & I assume there are some time bombs out there that have not exploded with these known defective parts in the Vin/serial numbers range called out. I love this 4x4 but would never buy a 2000 on the Vin Number range with this issue unless the tranny had been dealt with at some point by documented paperwork. I did all the homework and knew about the tranny issue before I bought it from what I learned here and thanks to you guys wont have a tranny issue. Plus I have a 2000 with a tranny that has only 55,000 miles with all maint. history to date.

Just want to clarify that my vin number was in fact in the range with tranny problems. I wish I could call out the website but I did not book mark it when I found it. The link & info is on this forum someplace.

There is a website with a range of VIN numbers for potential bad trannies? That would be very helpful.

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD Forum

19.jpg

There is a website with a range of VIN numbers for potential bad trannies? That would be very helpful.

^^^ this. Please post a link if you find it.

2000 with 213k, just sent the family cross-country in it, again...

Still on the teet if you ask me...;).

170,000 some. 2000 LC. Check engine light came on for an o2 sensor, but fixed it last week. Need to change out AC evaporator, every door actuator, head unit, and the remote locks.

1404923048943.jpg

2000 with 118,000. Creampuff just purchased. Thought I'd add my 2 bits due to the tranny discussion on the thread. Mine had a new tranny put in at 63K. The owner lost the receipt but did not have to disclose this. I joined Toyota nation & pulled up the history and sure enough it was there. But the kicker here is it shows only as tranny maint. (maybe some kind of code on the paper work spells it out but not to the novice eye?) The owner said he had to fight with Toyota to get it replaced & it was a brand new full replacement tranny because he would not accept a rebuild on the original. Based on this information & the paperwork I was looking at I can only assume it was deliberate by Toyota to call it maint. & not call it out as a full tranny replace. My opinion is we will never know how many trannies failed in the 2000's unless Toyota gives out the numbers & I assume there are some time bombs out there that have not exploded with these known defective parts in the Vin/serial numbers range called out. I love this 4x4 but would never buy a 2000 on the Vin Number range with this issue unless the tranny had been dealt with at some point by documented paperwork. I did all the homework and knew about the tranny issue before I bought it from what I learned here and thanks to you guys wont have a tranny issue. Plus I have a 2000 with a tranny that has only 55,000 miles with all maint. history to date.
118,000 miles hardly seems like one that should be in a "high mileage" thread........

x3

361,XXX miles... One of my guys ran her to timbuktu and back... every week. Need to decide if I want to sell it or just hang on to it for a second car beater. My original goal was 500,000.

361,XXX miles... One of my guys ran her to timbuktu and back... every week. Need to decide if I want to sell it or just hang on to it for a second car beater. My original goal was 500,000.
That's very encouraging! What all is original to the truck (original, un-rebuilt engine, transmission, etc.?)

That's very encouraging! What all is original to the truck (original, un-rebuilt engine, transmission, etc.?)
Everything is original except maintenance items like brakes, coil packs, belts, water pump, etc. One front axle was replaced. Everything else is original...

Everything is original except maintenance items like brakes, coil packs, belts, water pump, etc. One front axle was replaced. Everything else is original...
Wow! That's really impressive (and great to hear!) I bought my 294,xxx truck because it's in great shape and it was reasonably priced; however, I've started to wonder which components may be reaching their service life. Yours may indicate that many last longer than I thought.....

Getting there.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1408312290.054113.jpg

...via IH8MUD app

Most kms I've seen on a 100 series is on a 98, 680,000kms. Still mechanically sound and pretty tidy. I just sold my 2002 105 series ex Australia with 295,000kms...a lot of those on logging tracks and offroad. Still running like a dream. Looking at replacing it with a 2004 100 series vx with 230,000kms for an outlay of $9000. Getting 400+km shouldn't be an issue if you look after them. Finding a 100 series for sale here in NZ with less than 150000kms is nearly impossible.

Bought mine several weeks ago and just about to even out the zeros on the clock to 900,000 klm's . Wowzers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom