Post your high-mileage 100-series!!! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

145k.....but i think we need pics to make the thread seriously official....must post
Picture.jpg

Last edited:
What do you mean by bass?

A loud continous rumble. Some times it will make coins, loose stuff rattle slightly. I hope at 110K my trans isn't about to fly out the bottom of my 100.

I also posted a link to a youtube video for you spokane I remember you asking what it sounded like. Turn up the sound too!. After resonator.
removal.

I lurk off and on but couldn't help replying to this thread...

I have one '05 with 117K (my wife's-it's stock).

My '00 has 224K. Bought at 202K with the previous owner being meticulous with maintenance. 90K service has been performed twice. No problems so far other than the usual - D light, CC light, cracked manifold (scheduled to be fixed next week). It's the man truck - OME lift, ARB front bumper, 12K Warn winch.

I love them both and both seem to be bulletproof so far. I love to trade vehicles every couple of years and I just can't find a reason to turn loose of either one of them.

Mileage

I have a 99 with 120K

and a 06 with 75K can post photos is anyone is interested.

98 126K.. i've only had it for a year, 113k when i bought it.. HAD TO CHANGE APPS AND # 4 COIL PACK... ORIGINAL MUFFLER FINALLY CRACKED AFTER 11 YEARS.. this rig never let me down.... about to sell my wife's camry and get her either an 80 or 100 series!!!

Last edited:
I've got a 1999 Lexus LX, got 134xxx on the clock as of tonight, but it will probably be 135 by the weekend. So far, the past seven months I have put on 12k miles...

I put 29k in a year on my 2000 Range Rover, and that was a bust financially... And so far I am really liking the Lexus a lot in terms of reliability.

(FYI, while I haven't been driving it regularly new, it has been in the family since day one, so it technically is a one owner truck). So far, its gone through bearings, timing belt, oil, ignition cylinder where you insert the key, gas and 2 ignition coils.

we have a 98 with 2027xx and a 99 with 215xxx both still going strong and no major engine work or transmission problems but a cv joint or two isnt bad

anyone with an'03+ with over 100K miles???

I've got a little ways to go before my 03 hits 100K (I probably should get around to that timing belt soon too).

I think E9999 may be there already.

Liam

Manufactured in South Africa, in the process of replacing it .... Yours for free if you will carry the shipment costs to you .

Am I the winner?

Hey guys, figured this was as good of place as any to make my first post. A bit long but it's been a long journey with very few problems.

This should give everyone, especially those '00 owners, some peace of mind and something to shoot for. Here is my new-to-me '00 LC completely stock other than Bilsteins.

My mom has been a land cruiser owner since '94 with her 80 series. With around 220,000 miles in 2000 the diffs started whining enough to go ahead and trade it in on a new '00. Other than the added power of the V8 I always felt the new one became a little too civilized and figured it wouldn't hold up as well as the 80.

This new cruiser is always changed with Mobil 1 fully synthetic since its first oil change every 5-6k. But that's about where it stopped as far as preventative maintenance goes.

I don't recommend anyone go this long without changing their timing belt, yes you read right, in 311,100 miles this truck has never had its timing belt, water pump, alternator, transmission, or anything except tires, brakes, air filter, oil and filter, fuel, belts maybe twice, a battery, 3 coil packs as needed, a power antenna due to low limbs, an A/C leak repaired, and once the diff lock button was pressed at speeds and needed something done (i forget what), oh and I just changed the shocks for the first time! What a difference without the diving. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few minor items but nothing serious.

Before blaming me for all of the neglect try to understand that I didn't call it mine until recently. I replaced all rotors and pads recently and have all of those parts that should have been replaced such as the timing belt, valve cover gaskets, cam and crank seals, water pump, thermostat, belts, air filter, front CV boot replacement kits for left and right and fuel filter. This will all be done by my own hand so any tech tips will be appreciated.

Please fill me in on some other things I may want to look at. I do have an oil leak from the valve cover as of about two months ago and both front half shafts have oil that has leaked from the boots hence the boot kits and valve cover gaskets.

I will try to keep in touch but I also have an e46 BMW M3, which I saw someone else had in this thread, that is a maintenance nightmare at only 100k so I already have my hands full.

Take care,

-Richard
Land Cruiser Mileage.jpg

Hey guys, figured this was as good of place as any to make my first post. A bit long but it's been a long journey with very few problems.

This should give everyone, especially those '00 owners, some peace of mind and something to shoot for. Here is my new-to-me '00 LC completely stock other than Bilsteins.

My mom has been a land cruiser owner since '94 with her 80 series. With around 220,000 miles in 2000 the diffs started whining enough to go ahead and trade it in on a new '00. Other than the added power of the V8 I always felt the new one became a little too civilized and figured it wouldn't hold up as well as the 80.

This new cruiser is always changed with Mobil 1 fully synthetic since its first oil change every 5-6k. But that's about where it stopped as far as preventative maintenance goes.

I don't recommend anyone go this long without changing their timing belt, yes you read right, in 311,100 miles this truck has never had its timing belt, water pump, alternator, transmission, or anything except tires, brakes, air filter, oil and filter, fuel, belts maybe twice, a battery, 3 coil packs as needed, a power antenna due to low limbs, an A/C leak repaired, and once the diff lock button was pressed at speeds and needed something done (i forget what), oh and I just changed the shocks for the first time! What a difference without the diving. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few minor items but nothing serious.

Before blaming me for all of the neglect try to understand that I didn't call it mine until recently. I replaced all rotors and pads recently and have all of those parts that should have been replaced such as the timing belt, valve cover gaskets, cam and crank seals, water pump, thermostat, belts, air filter, front CV boot replacement kits for left and right and fuel filter. This will all be done by my own hand so any tech tips will be appreciated.

Please fill me in on some other things I may want to look at. I do have an oil leak from the valve cover as of about two months ago and both front half shafts have oil that has leaked from the boots hence the boot kits and valve cover gaskets.

I will try to keep in touch but I also have an e46 BMW M3, which I saw someone else had in this thread, that is a maintenance nightmare at only 100k so I already have my hands full.

Take care,

-Richard

You win!!!!

Wow I only have 111k on a '99 I felt like mine was getting up there.....

Wow! How neat to think that the truck has hit 300k on so many original parts. You should contact the folks at both Toyota & Mobil 1; they might showcase your rig in some of their advert materials.

This makes me feel warm & fuzzy, as I sometimes cringe when I read of transmission replacements at 60k, etc. etc.

I doubt we could all expect to get to such mileage with major component failure, but you've shown it's possible at least!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom