Post your high-mileage 100-series!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Amen-(Holy S#%t) 2001 LC
Think you got the record
Except a wrecked one I think had 700+
Keep in mind these 4.7 engines- have gone to 1million - documented

Ps Info on a list of replacement items you have done please
That is "Emerald" with 570k Km (not miles).

You can see about 95% of work on Emerald. In signture box link below. It was my "no start field find", I towed home a few years back. Which is, coming along nicely.

I see some here say they've only changed oil over the hundreds of thousand of miles they've owned. o_O

Well the 100 series is incredible. But, "All Machine" need proper maintaining. The 1 million mile 4.7L 2UZ-fe VVT was Dealership maintained at one Dealerships the most. It logged 117 service calls. That's in service, and average of every 8.5K miles at Dealership. In less than 10 years, of mostly long haul HWY miles.
BTW: I saw article some time ago. That same Dealership, has a second hit 1MM now. Must have a good shop foreman and crew!

The PM Toyota schedule, has 2 different mileage use schedules. One is each 7.5K mile intervale the other 5k miles ( for server use (stop and go, short trips under 5 miles, car-top carrier, towing, dusty roads, snow, water, sand)). Some condition required daily service.. PM schedule also is based on months, whether driven or not.

20 years and short trips with many of starts and stops. Is so much harder on a vehicle. Age alone cause all rubber to leach out it's plasticizer. Rubber bushings, hoses & seal dry out. Seal kept wet with good fluid, will last the longest. Bottom line. If someone selling me a 20 year old w/150, 200, 300K miles. States: "I just changed oil, It never needed anything else". I know, I've my work cut out, to bring back from the brink! I also know that it is not and accurate statement.

2001 LC, That million mile 4.7 was serviced often, and your correct about dry rot and maintenance. That’s typical of low mile warm weather vehicles.
Park a tractor in the field, it will have problems. Use a tractor in field every day with maintenance- less problems. Similar to exercise and the body w/diet.... as I’m finding out In my miles/age.

I see some here say they've only changed oil over the hundreds of thousand of miles they've owned. o_O

Well the 100 series is incredible. But, "All Machine" need proper maintaining. The 1 million mile 4.7L 2UZ-fe VVT was Dealership maintained at one Dealerships the most. It logged 117 service calls. That's in service, and average of every 8.5K miles at Dealership. In less than 10 years, of mostly long haul HWY miles.
BTW: I saw article some time ago. That same Dealership, has a second hit 1MM now. Must have a good shop foreman and crew!

The PM Toyota schedule, has 2 different mileage use schedules. One is each 7.5K mile intervale the other 5k miles ( for server use (stop and go, short trips under 5 miles, car-top carrier, towing, dusty roads, snow, water, sand)). Some condition required daily service.. PM schedule also is based on months, whether driven or not.

20 years and short trips with many of starts and stops. Is so much harder on a vehicle. Age alone cause all rubber to leach out it's plasticizer. Rubber bushings, hoses & seal dry out. Seal kept wet with good fluid, will last the longest. Bottom line. If someone selling me a 20 year old w/150, 200, 300K miles. States: "I just changed oil, It never needed anything else". I know, I've my work cut out, to bring back from the brink! I also know that it is not and accurate statement.
Not sure what you meant by the brink but in my book belts, filters, fluids, hoses, wipers, tires, bulbs, and brakes are just normal makntenance items. Anything mechanical or electrical had better last the like of the vehicle with proper maintenance. So, in my case, the starter was disappointing and more so when i had to replace it twice. Everything else is solid. Even with over 400k miles on the clock we drove it to the southern tip of baja in the spring of 2019. Over christmas 2019 we took the 200 but for no real reason other than it still had all seasons on it.

Uhhh ...... negative! 😁

156A492E-0F73-469A-8388-410E411E8915.jpeg

Any idea what major components had to be replaced at that mileage (if any)?

I know of starter replaced once, alternator, radiator, fan pulley bracket. timing belt a couple times with over 100k+ on current belt, front axles.

Headlights on. IIRC. I'll pay more attention next time I drive.

I drive all years all USA models on regular basis. Toyota/Lexus has many variation. Like this one has low washer fluid.

Here a picture from first day I towed home. Notice the headlight washer. It was the first I'd seen
006c2.jpg

I read a few of those “only changed the oil” posts and immediately imagined you pulling your hair out. Thanks again for your immense contributions to this forum

i don’t have high mileage on my 2006 by the standards of this board, but bumping this thread up with just a weird odo reading based on my area code

ee9d0891-bc97-4e35-9552-30cadda0c64a-jpeg.2481049

D1473B7D-E984-413A-A447-CB194A47D709.jpeg

EE9D0891-BC97-4E35-9552-30CADDA0C64A.jpeg

Best part about this thread is 150K miles is considered a low mileage example

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom