Post Your Blackstone Report (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Didn't you read the third from last sentence explaining why you had good results? A filter cost is less than three gallons or less of fuel. Is that the risk of causing more wear in your engine. As cruiserdan says that's like taking a shower and putting on your dirty underwear back on.
You could have just said….”change your underwear every time you shower.” Thanks.

I have never done a Blackstone report but decided to do one on this last change.

I was feeling pretty guilty, I live just far enough out of town that its to long to walk to town where I work everyday, but not really far enough away to warm up the engine all the way. I typically ride my bike, but I broke my wrist a few months ago which has taken that out of the equation until recently. And of course, in Aspen it is pretty damn cold in the winter and the truck sits outside. Lots and lots of cold starts

Luckily the Blackstone came back seemigly well. I have run Mobil 1 5w-40 TD since I bought it with 190,000. Supercharged since 260,000l.

Also worth noting the comment on the low insolubles due to good filtration. I have been using the Ford 90 degree adapter and Ford Fl-500s since 290,000. So its nice to see that is all working okay.

96 LAND CRUISER-240309.jpg

Just got this back today, I had sweet smelling exhaust and I did the gas test in the radiator, turned color immediatly.I am going to pull the head and do the headgasket,along with fixing oil leaks on the front of the engine. Still debating whether to pull the engine.
Comments?
IMG_0645.JPG

Just got this back today, I had sweet smelling exhaust and I did the gas test in the radiator, turned color immediatly.I am going to pull the head and do the headgasket,along with fixing oil leaks on the front of the engine. Still debating whether to pull the engine.
Comments?
View attachment 3604890
I would pressure test the cooling system first to determine the leak and into which cylinder.

Pull spark plugs to confirm.

Thanks for your reply, I went ahead and drained the coolant already.
So pressure test would be used to confirm the head gasket failure, in addition to the gas test I did in the radiator?
Or the gas test could indicate a leak somewhere else in the system and not necessarily the headgasket?
Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom