Post up your scan gauge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry for bringing this thread back, but I need to determine which code reader (i.e OBD II or OBD I) I need to purchase for my CEL that came on last night. I have a February 1995 production 1FZ-FE. Here are some pics I took in hope that someone can help. Thank you.

Label under the hood.
OBDII.jpg

Please excuse my lack of knowledge, what is this for? Connect to the code reader?? :eek: It's on the passenger side firewall.
Diagnosis.jpg

Driver side fuse box. Is what circled in red the plug for the code reader?
FuseBox.jpg

^Whats your build date?

My location.

Does AVG on yours mean average miles per gallon?

If it does how do you make it available? I only get instant in the gauge read out.

Does AVG on yours mean average miles per gallon?

If it does how do you make it available? I only get instant in the gauge read out.

yes. just toggle through the scan options and it should be there.

I think both are for reading codes.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge, what is this for? Connect to the code reader?? :eek: It's on the passenger side firewall.
Diagnosis.jpg

Driver side fuse box. Is what circled in red the plug for the code reader?
FuseBox.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. According to Slee's buying guide 1995's are compatible.

Went to Sears, paid $80 for this. So, my vehicle is OBD II... yeah! Plugged right into the fuse box under the driver side and it reads P0420, Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold. I guess I'll start my troubleshooting at the o2 sensor.

Reader.jpg

Reading.jpg

I personally like the gauges above the rear view mirror and in the ashtray area.

Was thinking of putting a UNF CB in ashtray area.

So firstly does the scan gauge can be easily read when in the ashtray, as neat as it is, I'm concerned it will be to difficult to read.

Any Input?

I think above rear mirror seems like an ideal location as we need to use the mirror constantly too, only a split second to check stats tooo.

Are there any ScanGauge or other brands that will do anything for us OBD1 guys?, or just the paperclip and the manual?

a

nope TMK, no sensors to collect from... really.

Any other options these days, besides Scan Gauge2 and Ultra Gauge? Anyone try Edge CTS or others?

Any other options these days, besides Scan Gauge2 and Ultra Gauge? Anyone try Edge CTS or others?

I have a Bluetooth adapter and I use the app Torque Pro on my phone.

There's a thread about a joying android car stereo that will display the data from the Bluetooth adaptor. I think that's the latest I've seen. Best of both worlds.

Good day. Ive got a 97' 1HD FT AUTO Limited VX. It definitely has the OBD 1 (DIAGNOSTIC) socket passenger side in the engine bay. Does this mean it is not OBD2 compatible or could both sockets be there? Cant find the OBD 2 socket in the fuse box area though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom