Post up your scan gauge (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I stuck mine where the rear heater contol was located, I just re-routed it to where my antenna control was located. Antenna control does not work any more, customized to manual.

I put it on there with velco tape. I'll probably switch it to regular double sided tape soon. I dont see a need to make it easily removable with velco tape, and the velco tape makes it stick out a bit too much.
photo(16).jpg

Mine's behind the steering wheel.
ScanGauge2.jpg

Mine is on the steering column as well. I love my SG, it is one of my favorite mods and it definitely has helped me tune my driving style to maximize MPG. It will probably pay for itself within a year or two.

I used velcro tape so I can remove it, thus giving criminals one less reason to break into my truck. Make sure you wait for the back light to turn off before removing it or you may lose all of your settings.

I had to move it to the ashtray location for obvious reasons.

IMG_7027.jpg

IMG_7029.jpg

Old thread here, and sorry if I missed this in my search but anyone use a blendmount successfully in their 80? If so pics?

Also, what did you do with the Scangauge II OBDII plug? Some kind of splice job to get the cover back on? Just looking for ideas?

Looks nice, but do you leave that navi antenna on the dash like that?

Looks nice, but do you leave that navi antenna on the dash like that?

Yeah that is where it has sat since 2007 when I installed the navigation system. You will notice the little pad under it is a magnetic pad that holds it right there, it has work out pretty good.

Yeah that is where it has sat since 2007 when I installed the navigation system. You will notice the little pad under it is a magnetic pad that holds it right there, it has work out pretty good.

hmm. Why not hid it where the dash meets the windshield? Mines been there for a year and has excellent reception. I cut that pad around the antenna and stuck it in the corner.

hmm. Why not hid it where the dash meets the windshield? Mines been there for a year and has excellent reception. I cut that pad around the antenna and stuck it in the corner.

I have no real reason it just fit there nice and purddy :hillbilly:. To be honost with you I think it looks like of :cool: sitting there and everyone who gets in the car always has to ask what is that thing.

96r50... I really like your setup. I considered doing that for a long time but then when I saw that blendmount came up with something and I all ready had the Gentex mirror it only made sense for me to get it!

I am curious about your set up though as blendmount now makes a system for radar detectors and they say you can't have both on one mirror :doh:

Last edited:
haha

Here is a updated image without that terrible wood grain.
IMG_7963.jpg

My location.
SG.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom