post 2003 nav delete how to. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you can just delete the upper computer on the non nav. There's a bit of info there going back to the instrument panel/ body ecu. Your transmitter might not work right, or door locks possibly.

Unplug the top computer and try driving it for a few days.

If you're bent on doing it relocate the top computer to the glove box.

I was wondering if that would be an issue as I’ve only seen this installed on foreign market 100’s.
Good idea unplugging it, I’ll give that a shot.

Pics of 60820 and 60b80
60b80
IMG_8984.JPG

IMG_8985.JPG

60b80
IMG_8986.JPG

60820.JPG

If you want to sell the 60b80 I'll take it.

I plan to use it. I wish those chinese HU manufacturers could make a nav delete kit that just gives you a double din slot. Clearly they know how to interface with the factory system.

I gathered almost all the parts (never could source the AC Amp Board) but decided to go a different route. For those who are interested, please PM me. I will be getting rid of the following items for the non-nav conversion:
  • 55902-60110 PANEL SUB ASSY, A/C
  • 55912-60150 HOUSING, HEATER CONTROL
  • 84014-60190 BOARD SUB-ASSY, PRINTED WIRE INTEGRATION
  • 55905-60780 KNOB, HEATER CONTROL
  • 83240-60220 CASE ASSY
  • 83265-60220 COMPUTER
  • 86208-60020 NON NAV BRACKET L
  • 86207-60020 NON NAV BRACKET R
  • 842585-8010B0 STEERING WHEEL BLANK OFF
  • DFP 11-15 Toyota Land Cruiser Double DIN Fascia Adaptor panel SOLD
A quick bump to this post- if anyone is interested I have also posted this in the classified section. Please PM me for any of these parts.

I finally got around to doing the swap today. AC works great! But the heater does not, no heat. Also, the clock/mileage/temp display does not work, the security light flashes when truck is off so I assume there is a signal going to it? I followed the word & excel docs along with swap threads. What could I be doing wrong?

View attachment 1837959 View attachment 1837960
Hey there,
Did you happen to document where the wires for the clock came from? I'm converting my '03LC and have the electrical manual but can't figure it out. I have the connector with pigtail from the non-Nav LC it came out of.
Thanks,
-Larry

camphoto_824023566 3.jpeg

3 of them aren't coming from the m5. the pink/blue goes down to a47 position #1
the one and two uart both go to the instrument panel backside.

the 8 from m5 do match colors I believe.

m5.jpg

yup, you have the early early 03'
there are 4 connectors on the back of that screen.
It's outlined in these 37 pages, try page 12 or so.
If I had wrote that down somewhere I would tell you. i'll look for a link

amayama had them last Christmas. Took 50 days.
Ssg.asia also had some. Plus the AC amp black box. Actually I think the black boxes came from ssg plus one set of brackets. Amayama had multiple AC amp housings so I got a few to cut shipping costs. Either way the cost on those things is horrible.

amayama had them last Christmas. Took 50 days.
Ssg.asia also had some. Plus the AC amp black box. Actually I think the black boxes came from ssg plus one set of brackets. Amayama had multiple AC amp housings so I got a few to cut shipping costs. Either way the cost on those things is horrible.
Thanks Jerry. I had been using the 60030 and they are discontinued. Didn't catch that the 60020 was an alternate. I noticed in the picture that they were both Right which confused me so I found a post you made a couple years ago with the details. I used Amayama as they seemed to have a quicker delivery. Says 7/14 🤞.

Thanks Jerry for the PDF with connector mapping. I mapped the A46 plug. Mine is a bit different. Photo attached. I will map the A45 and A47 plugs a bit later and send for future reference. Again this is a 2003 LC.

IMG_6973.jpeg

these pigtails come from somewhere other than a north american spec? are you using a north american spec AC amplifier?
When it comes to rear AC, rear heat, or rear blower motor with separate switch it's going to be a toss up.
I can say what wires the non nav AC amps and heater circuit boards need to work. But I can't work off other regions corresponding circuit boards.

Great question. So what I know is the LC I got the clock and AC/Heater panels from was it came from a military base in California and it was armored so a lot of the body parts were not were stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom