Possibly a new place to get leather seats from? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lseat bisque was a great color match for my 98 lc. About to do my 07 lx in Ridies light tan. 98 lc to 07 lx are definitely different colors. Ridies light tan seems to be a good match for my lx but I'm thinking of going Nappa. I have yet to get the sample for light tan Nappa.

Lseat bisque was a great color match for my 98 lc. About to do my 07 lx in Ridies light tan. 98 lc to 07 lx are definitely different colors. Ridies light tan seems to be a good match for my lx but I'm thinking of going Nappa. I have yet to get the sample for light tan Nappa.
The sample I received says light tan is "currently not available in Nappa". Screen shot from their website (second paragraph) confirms Light Oak would be the closest. I would defer to the Ridies rep though, is there any chance of Nappa in light tan in the near future?

1606788258218.png
1606788052429.png

The sample I received says light tan is "currently not available in Nappa". Screen shot from their website (second paragraph) confirms Light Oak would be the closest. I would defer to the Ridies rep though, is there any chance of Nappa in light tan in the near future?

View attachment 2511957View attachment 2511947
I emailed them this exact question and was told that light tan was available in Nappa. I ordered yesterday for what it's worth.

Has anyone done the inserts a different color with the ridies seats? Thinking of doing something like the 40th anniversary colorway

Has anyone done the inserts a different color with the ridies seats? Thinking of doing something like the 40th anniversary colorway

I can tell you, as ridies representative, that it is very rare for people to order two-tone seat covers for LX470. We don't have any problem making covers like that though.

I’m really considering these leather replacements for my tired 05’ LC, and I’m kinda glad I got the gray interior since it fits my gloomy personality.. but I’m strongly considering adding piping to give me that old Jaguar or LR look, couldn’t find 100s pics with that option.. I really think it will add a touch of old school class into an outdated interior like ours. It might also bring back some childhood memories from my dad’s cars. Was it the Rambler? Don’t remember.
Any negatives with adding the piping, like weaker stitches? Or weird looks? Lasting of the material? Opinions welcomed.
Thanks

I’m really considering these leather replacements for my tired 05’ LC, and I’m kinda glad I got the gray interior since it fits my gloomy personality.. but I’m strongly considering adding piping to give me that old Jaguar or LR look, couldn’t find 100s pics with that option.. I really think it will add a touch of old school class into an outdated interior like ours. It might also bring back some childhood memories from my dad’s cars. Was it the Rambler? Don’t remember.
Any negatives with adding the piping, like weaker stitches? Or weird looks? Lasting of the material? Opinions welcomed.
Thanks

Looks are subjective. IMO piping would look odd on a modern vehicle but if you think it would look good go for it. The stitches won’t be any weaker. Piping, aka welt cord, is just a 1/8” diameter plastic tube with material wrapped around it and sewn between the panels. Usually it is only placed where the sides and the top surface of the seat cover meets, if that helps to visualize it. Headrests should be done to match.

Thanks for your opinion.
If I had a tan interior LX I wouldn’t even hesitate to go for a brown piping, the design of the seat is rounder, and the wood trim accents, with the loose leather in the inserts, it’ll be like a Lexus Vanden Plas! But I have an LC with gray and I’m trying to visualize the square seat with a black piping.. still I think it’s a nice contrast and I’d prefer it over a two tone, which in my very personal opinion and without bashing anyone’s taste, looks “cheap”.. Eddie Bauer cheap.. no offense to Mr. Bauer..
Agree on the head rests, maybe even arm rests?

Arm rests would tie the room together visually but I imagine that it wouldn’t feel very nice on your forearm.

Like a friend from Milan used to say, if it looks good you have to wear it, even if it makes you miserable!

Still, in stock configuration a new leather upholstery will definitely improve the looks of my wagon.. my leather is still in one piece after 260k miles and 15 yrs in FL weather, but it feels like seating on a chuffed foot skin.. it needs a pedicure!

Ah - so just to confirm, the set includes complete foam???
To my knowledge the foam cushion is not included. Furthermore it is very expensive and can only be had from the stealer at around 200$ per piece. In my 98 LC I just steamed the foam which gave it a little more life when I installed the leather. The seat leather comes with a thin layer of padding from what I remember. I was very happy with how my lseat seat recover came out in the 98 without replacing the foam. This time around I am replacing the foam in my new 07 Lx with ridies leather. My experience with lseat was good despite the armrest cover not fitting but I have heard many bad reviews since and am leaning nappa leather this time. I figure it is worth the expense to me on a more valuable vehicle to go nappa and new seat bottom foam for the driver side???

I emailed them this exact question and was told that light tan was available in Nappa. I ordered yesterday for what it's worth.
Can you post photos of the color match when you get it? I am worried that the light tan nappa won't match as well as the light tan genuine leather sample. The reason for my concern is the light oak samples have quite a bit of difference in color between the nappa and genuine.

. . . still I think it’s a nice contrast and I’d prefer it over a two tone, which in my very personal opinion and without bashing anyone’s taste, looks “cheap”.. Eddie Bauer cheap.. no offense to Mr. Bauer..
Agree on the head rests, maybe even arm rests?

Thanks Patron, for the shot of common sense :cheers:. I was thinking of 2 tone (light tan, and inserts matching dash) but will stick with all tan/bisque.

Thanks @vjpkrmnc for the write-up. Light tan looks like the match (I have the Lseat swatches, and bisque is it).

Looking at long-term L-seat reviews, looks like they don’t hold up. Worth a few $$ to get something that lasts longer.

Any one try the FJ60 covers, mentioned by @Bomar ? Curious if there is a thread.

Thanks Patron, for the shot of common sense :cheers:. I was thinking of 2 tone (light tan, and inserts matching dash) but will stick with all tan/bisque.

Thanks @vjpkrmnc for the write-up. Light tan looks like the match (I have the Lseat swatches, and bisque is it).

Looking at long-term L-seat reviews, looks like they don’t hold up. Worth a few $$ to get something that lasts longer.

Any one try the FJ60 covers, mentioned by @Bomar ? Curious if there is a thread.

Here is @FJ60Cam AKA Mosley Motors seat leather thread: Replacement Leather Upholstery Kits

I have not purchased from Cam yet but the reviews and thread posts verify that they are high quality skins. Also he is the only vendor that I am aware of that offers heated and COOLED seat kit options for our cruisers. Just say no to SWAMP ASS!!

Last edited:

I went with the Ridies light tan in nappa for my front row. I'll post pics when they come in.

I ordered the light gray samples in both leather and Nappa leather. You would be hard pressed to see any difference in color between the 2 samples and the stock seats. I have to admit I was pretty impressed with the match. I’ll definitely be ordering a set in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom