Possible introduction of LC Prado to Canada and US as reintroduction of Toyota LC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As cool as that is we really should of had the LC Prado this whole time as an upgrade from the 4R but lower than a GX. More offroad focused and a diesel option.

As cool as that is we really should of had the LC Prado this whole time as an upgrade from the 4R but lower than a GX. More offroad focused and a diesel option.
Bringing the Prado to the US with the 4Runner and GX only makes sense if they're either getting rid of the GX or the 4Runner as we currently know them, or pushing the GX way upmarket.

Nice work posting this here and not the 300 section. It's pretty obvious the 300 is dead in the states and this new LC/ GX needs it's own section here on mud.
It is pretty dang quiet in this section tho.... You guys not excited about this and ready for this section to come alive?
Please don't let this forum section push to a different 4R forum. Most there have zero idea what a LC is about. Its painful seeing all the comments on how the LC should be a small FJ bronco/ Jeep buster.

I'm not so much excited about the 300 and the cost that goes with it but I'm pretty sure I will have the Prado or GX within the next few years as long as they don't miss on the drive train. This is NOT a 4runner and traditionally the LC is not a bronco or Wrangler wannabe and hopefully never will be. Good to see they may be gunning for the Defender as it should be.

Not giving this a pro or con but many don't realize Prado has been sold in Western Europe as the LC for many years after the 200 series was discontinued there in 2016 or so

Last edited:
The 4.6 V8 is gone... Please, please let it be the LC Prado with the turbo 6...

So it's sounding more and more like the Prado will be coming with the 2.4 hybrid the crown and RX recently released. Not much out there on the GX. With this said, is this going to be a coil sprung solid axle or a 4 steer IF/RS setup? Having a hard time finding anything of a rear drive solid electric axle out there.
Couple links on the crown system and an independent rear electric drive. This could be good and bad? Do you really want an electric rear motor out dragging on the rocks?
Either way, I kind of like the idea.

Finally releasing some good stuff. Liking what I see so far.
1683809414222.png

1683809432951.png

I'm at a bit of a loss why there is no excitement on the new 2024 GX/ LC here. So many sad about no 300 and I think everyone is about to quickly forget about it.... It is a over sized middle east spec SUV, not much more. If any indication of what we are about to see with the release of the Tacoma starting to come out, this LC/ GX should be on a whole other level and coming back to what they were~25-30 years ago and so many other things you only dreamed of back then, maybe minus the front solid axle.
Official numbers on the Tacoma I-force MAX: 326 horsepower and 465 lb.-ft. of torque. You would assume the LC would be close to this and the GX even better. Tons of cool additions to the Trailhunter and TRD already being release early. Not many undercarriage or hood shots yet but I'm sure they are coming within hours.
Seems like a lot of GX owners here don't understand the LC heritage and just stumbled into their GX because their :princess: is a soccer mom? With the GX/ LC merge,I would think your about to see your new GX go to a whole new level.
The 300 and Tundra were OK but as Toyota is release these mid size models, it seems like they are actually starting to get it right....

2024 Toyota Tacoma is the Ultimate Adventure Machine - Toyota USA Newsroom - https://pressroom.toyota.com/2024-toyota-tacoma-is-the-ultimate-adventure-machine/. Many videos in the Tacoma section and other sites coming in already.
Front SB factory disconnect, rear lockers, tons of well thought out options. Looking promising.

The Tacoma tech/features look great, and I'm sure it will be much more fuel efficient too.

But.....gawd is it ugly. Way too angular, aggressive, and busy. Like they couldn't stop adding stuff to it. I love the sleekness and curves of my '07 GX. It's unfortunate to see Toyota picking up American truck design language, which is terrible across the board. The new Tundra also falls in the same bucket, while IMO, the previous 2 gens both looked great.

Regarding enthusiasm for the new GX.....there are a few on here who have newer models, but many of us have 10+ year old GXs that we use as low-cost, bulletproof overlanding/off-road vehicles. I'd certainly like a new GX, but also would not really want to drop $60K on a rig and another $10-20K in mods to scratch it off-road (and my '07 has got a lot of scratches :)).

Yea, if you really wanted to get me excited, bring a 70 series here... 🫠

I have a 2015 and I have only recently started hitting the mods after having it nearly 2 years as I am finally not crazy upside down on it.

The only thing that's going to get me to potentially pull the trigger on something new is if its a plug in hybrid, as my work has charging stations that are virtually free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom