Portsmouth island trip2018 canceled (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you were on ,a onsc reserved ferry there is a cancellation fee we will be charged if we don't fill up the ferry ,this is why I've checked with everyone off the thread, to make sure times were good ,now it looks like we have two spots on the 745 Sunday. we need to fill those spots, or I will be charged $100

If you can't fill the spots, I'll pay you the $100. Well worth the sleep, lol

^ What he said.

Do we have to pay the cancellation fee if the island gets washed away? Jk, kinda

Yea, I was thinking about that too.

I'd bet the village buildings are sturdier than those "modern" cabins. But it's not going to be a good weekend to make that drive to the village.

the buildings are probably built with "trap doors" on the flooring, which pop up and allow water to ingress and egress with the surge. old timers on ocracoke would intentionally build homes like that. they also built all of their furniture on legs, so the dressers and cabinets would allow water to not stay underneath and be trapped. they would stack the furniture and belongings on top of each other, and clean up once the storm subsided.

@77kroozer would you and Marie be interested in a gumbo dish one night during this trip? Thinking of basing it off of this:

Shrimp Gumbo
Sounds like a good idea Johnny. Sorry for the delay in replay, out of town this weekend and then been busy moving all the lawn furniture off the front porch for Hurricane Florence. :)

Marie and I will take the Thursday Night dinner slot.

Portsmouth Island Fishing

Update after Aunt Flo and her heavy flow days. the marina looks better than I anticipated, but the roads getting there are a mess.

Portsmouth Island has been canceled. See title. Thanks @forrest5000 for handling reservation refunds and logistics.

Dang, that sucks.

I have refunded all monies, please check your PayPal accounts.

First post is updated.

Bummer! I was looking forward to this trip. Hopefully the damage isn't too bad and they are up and running early next year.
Thanks for all of the effort that you have put into this @forrest5000.

We are looking at changing locations, since everyone has time off .two options. 1.find house in Corolla 2. Windrock cast your vote.

Corolla

(or anywhere on the coast I can catch some dinner)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom