Portland Metro Classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the advice! Do you think driving it 2k miles or paying the shipping fees would be a better move?

Thanks for the advice! Do you think driving it 2k miles or paying the shipping fees would be a better move?
If it were me, I’d drive it back. That’s just me though. I think the more important part is doing the transaction in person to make sure the car is what you expect and you don’t get scammed somehow with a significant amount of money in play.

If it were me, I’d drive it back. That’s just me though. I think the more important part is doing the transaction in person to make sure the car is what you expect and you don’t get scammed somehow with a significant amount of money in play.
x2 on what bobbys said - deal in person and drive it back!! Best way to baseline a vehicle and it is not like you are driving a 40
As for the PPI who are you using? The only folks I would trust are Tony and Matt at Landcruiser NW.

I have had mixed luck with long distance purchases and shipping...
Won a random bid on a BJ40 in New York and that went great. Worked with an importer in Vancouver BC to bring a BJ44 from Japan and wished I had inspected it in person. Significant rust and ended up taking a bath on it.

Vowed I would never do a deal without an in-person inspection and then purchased my HJ61 through an importer in Canary Islands and everything went great.

x2 on what bobbys said - deal in person and drive it back!! Best way to baseline a vehicle and it is not like you are driving a 40
As for the PPI who are you using? The only folks I would trust are Tony and Matt at Landcruiser NW.

I have had mixed luck with long distance purchases and shipping...
Won a random bid on a BJ40 in New York and that went great. Worked with an importer in Vancouver BC to bring a BJ44 from Japan and wished I had inspected it in person. Significant rust and ended up taking a bath on it.

Vowed I would never do a deal without an in-person inspection and then purchased my HJ61 through an importer in Canary Islands and everything went great.
Thanks for the advice! I briefly did research and ran across Land Cruiser NW and figured they would be the best guys for that. Thankfully in Austin we also have a Land Cruiser specific shop that I can take it to post sale.

The vehicle that is in question is a 2006 with a recent timing belt water pump service. Truck only has 95k miles on the clock but 5 owners and is priced at $36k. In y’all’s opinion is pricing a bit high or any concern due to the amount of owners?

The vehicle that is in question is a 2006 with a recent timing belt water pump service. Truck only has 95k miles on the clock but 5 owners and is priced at $36k. In y’all’s opinion is pricing a bit high or any concern due to the amount of owners?
This rig looks super clean and is the best 100 Series color, IMO: 2006 Toyota Land Cruiser for sale by owner - Portland, OR - craigslist - https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/portland-2006-toyota-land-cruiser/7721040953.html

With that said, you’re approaching 200 Series prices at $36k. In the end, it’s still a better rig than what $36k would get you for a new rig.

Looking for some FZJ80 parts…

Stock exhaust (cats back)
Stock running boards (no rust)
JDM window visor shades
JDM front bumper with winch
JDM quad headlights

I have an OEM Hood deflector (with all hardware) and an OEM sunroof deflector (with all hardware). Both are for 80 series

Both are in excellent shapes with no damage or issues. I’m asking $300 for both of $150 each.

Located near Council Crest

IMG_5623.jpeg

IMG_5622.jpeg

IMG_5624.jpeg

Family and I are leaving OR so I have some stuff to unload.

4 stock chrome 60 series 15” wheels, with snow tires - free to pick up for Mud

80 series is for sale, OBO for Mud. I think I have it priced fairly but I have no record of the HG being done which has scared a few folks.
1994 Toyota Land Cruiser for sale by owner - Portland, OR - craigslist - https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/portland-80-series-land-cruiser-built/7733469469.html

Also haven’t had a chance to photograph and create a listing, but my 60 is also available. Motor has been rebuilt about 60k ago according to service records, this truck was in the LC community for a while and I bought it 6 years ago from another enthusiast. It’s been well sorted and I’ve added some useful upgrades like an ARB front bumper, euro side mirrors, and City Racer LED headlights. It’s desmogged and has a cat as well as permanent OR plates so it never needs to smog. I’d like to get $25k for it.

IMG_5467.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom