Pop Top Camper Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haven't done much with the Troopy lately. It has just been working as a snow plow truck. Will do a couple of cool upgrades this spring. For now here is a photo for fun. Getting ready to plow some snow at -6 deg F. Hard to see the hitch and plow at the back of the Troopy.

More progress.
They paint did not come out as good as I had hoped, but it is well protected.
The bike rack portion did add a significant amount of weight to the tire side swing arm, but should be plenty strong to properly support the bikes above the tire.
IMG_4042.JPG
IMG_4045.JPG
IMG_4046.JPG
IMG_4047.JPG
IMG_4049.JPG

Still need to finish a few details, but it is almost there.
Now hopefully to enjoy the Troopy for a bit.

I feel like I may have seen this on Huffine west of Bozeman in the last week or two. I thought it might have been the Troopy that sits behind Fosters MasterTech. Very cool vehicle!

I feel like I may have seen this on Huffine west of Bozeman in the last week or two. I thought it might have been the Troopy that sits behind Fosters MasterTech. Very cool vehicle!
I'm sure you did see it on Huffine, I live in Bozeman and drive it as much as possible. No, it is not the one behind Fosters Master Tech.
I have seen that one, would be nice if someone fixed that one up.

Very cool! I wish my 40 was being driven as much as possible. It's recently developed a bad hesitation from idle. I need to get a timing light with a tachometer so I can verify the timing and then properly tune the carburetor.

Just caught this thread. Such a cool truck! Love the pop top and love how much, and how far, you’ve traveled with this rig. Well done man.

Where to next?

Just caught this thread. Such a cool truck! Love the pop top and love how much, and how far, you’ve traveled with this rig. Well done man.

Where to next?
Thank you.
The next trip was to the Grand Teton National Park for the 4th of July weekend. Not sure for the next (next) trip. But probably not too far unfortunately.
IMG_4402.JPG

Great build man, love the troopy. We're in Bozo if you're ever out this way hit us up... we are hoping to put a FJ4X Only Run next summer for some of the Montana 40, 43, 45, 47 guys and gals.

Great build man, love the troopy. We're in Bozo if you're ever out this way hit us up... we are hoping to put a FJ4X Only Run next summer for some of the Montana 40, 43, 45, 47 guys and gals.
REZARF, thanks for the comments. I'm in Bozeman as well and drive the Troopy often, so keep your eyes open and wave. I do receive emails on the club meetings, but I'm typically tied up on Tuesday evenings. Would love to do an FJ4X run. I'll keep looking for any updates/info on the FJ4X run, but please send me a message if you remember. If I'm in town and available, I will try to make it.
Thanks
Guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom