For Sale Ponder Tx: 1996 FJZ80 Triple locked- needs some work. No Rust! 1994 FZJ80 parts truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
Green
1996 FZJ80, Triple locked, OME 2.5" lift kit (springs & shocks), Nitro rear axles, Snorkel, Winch, roof rack 240K miles, No Rust. It needs a little bit of work. I bought it three years ago with the intention of parting it out. I started this thread: Opinions please. - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/opinions-please.1219582/#post-13265596 where I was convinced to fix it up instead. I travel a lot for work and don't have much free time anymore so these trucks need to go to a new home.

It currently runs and drives, the Check engine light is off and no other warning lights are on. I have not gotten it inspected yet or transferred the title. I do have a clean Texas title for it. The engine will every once in a while not fire on all cylinders at cold start. I haven't been able to get it to do it now that its hot out except for one the first time I started it after a few months of sitting. When it does misfire it will clean up and run well after about 5-10 seconds. It sounds like it has zero compression on a few cylinders when it happens.
The engine smokes sometimes. I think this may be due to leaking valve seals. I think this is also why it will misfire at startup due to sticking valves. I have a set of valve seals for it but it really needs to have the head removed and cleaned up.

It comes with a 1994 FJZ80 Parts truck. The parts truck is a bit rusty. It still has the engine (rumors are that its bad), transmission and transfer case, both axles, but the rear one is bent ;), front end parts, drivers seat and carpet all the doors and driveshafts. I think there is extra 2nd row seat in it too. EDIT: I may keep the evaporator and condenser for my FJ40.

What I have done so far:
Replaced the rear axle housing and converted it to accept the factory electric locker.
Installed the set of Nitro rear axle shafts.
Cleaned up the rear 3rd member and installed a new pinion seal and crush sleeve.
Installed a used AC compressor from the parts truck and got it charged up and cooling.
Cleaned up the PS drive gear which was causing a knocking noise.
Swapped in the fuel pump assembly from the parts truck and put in some fresh gas-no more pinging under acceleration.
Swapped in the rear knock sensor from the parts truck.
Cleared the airbag code.

What it still needs:
New valve seals/rebuilt head.
The drivers side front sunroof drain hose has a hole in it or the hose may be pushed off. I plugged it for now.
The passenger side front carpet has been getting wet from the leaking sunroof. There is no rust but the carpet is nasty.
New seat covers and a deep cleaning.
New tires.
New battery.
3rd row seats

I'm asking $8000 obo for both trucks.

The 1996:
PXL_20230603_200635738.jpg

PXL_20230603_200629945.jpg
PXL_20230603_200709827.jpg
PXL_20230603_200651738.jpg
PXL_20230617_204739720.jpg

Last edited: