Poll! ARB Outback Solutions Mounting Orientation (1 Viewer)

What is the best orientation of a drawer setup?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jonharis

Adventure Imports
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
I am reconfiguring my ARB Outback Solutions Drawers as shown below. Two full height drawers double stacked and one short roller floor single stacked with my National Luna Fridge on top. I'm debating on the orientation. Please vote in the poll and give your reasonings below. I am installing today! I will have the drawers and fridge loaded evenly so weight balance is not a big concern. I also don't care about visibility out the back as I have 5% tint on that window anyways and don't look out it while driving.

Option 1.
Short Drawer on right, double stack on left.

Advantages: 40% fold down is on that side making carying long cargo easier (rare).
Disadvantage: Fridge would be mounted "wrong" with power plug in view.
9200020101011125924.jpg

Option 2:
Short Drawer on left, double stack on right.

Advantage: Fridge faces the "proper direction"
Disadvantage: Double stack precludes use of 40% fold down.
9200020101011125924-2.jpg

Back up a minute. Do you have matching floor mats? I need to get grounded on your poll. Thx

I would go fridge on the right since I'm right handed and it feels right. :meh:

If any consideration, the ARB filler panel on the DS is slightly wider than the one on the PS.

I put my fridge on the right simply because of the way the fridge door opens (Edgestar). Also, it was easier to wire power to the driver side, I only have 2-90° turns in my main power instead of 3. And, like you state, you can use the fold down for longer items.

If you were keeping a jump seat, might be better to have it on the left.

Yes, I am late to this game but:

-I too need to know about the status of your floor mats. :)

-I've considered the same setup, although with the fridge on the slide I already have. I would opt to put the double stack on the side of the tire carrier.

-Pics are necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom