Please protect your catalytic converters! $$$ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is also exactly why I kicked out my BMW and parked the LC back inside the garage...

Crazy good prices you guys have. My LC has 320k miles, so I'm even surprised they covered OEM without any questions.

Shouldn't PDX pay for this since you paid for gated parking? I use Geico for many years now, they have been always great and the cheapest by far. They like to push their own repair shops but the law in Oregon says that you can pick any repair shop that you want.
The dealer has told me that they don't make aftermarket cats for LC 100, so that's why they had to install OEM. Not sure if that's true because Trail Tailor mentioned above that they install aftermarket.
You'd think they'd be liable, but of course they are 100% not responsible for anything that happens in their lot. Perusing it legally would cost even more and still probably result in a loss.

It is water under the bridge for me at this point, but I guess I should have tried taking it to the local Toyota dealership and let them negotiate with my insurer. I now have the Magnaflow single cat + Y pipe with both O2 sensors still intact and no engine codes, so I am happy. If it gets stolen again, the truck will never have another cat.

You're making me paranoid over here in Smyrna. I've noticed a couple of trucks with limo tinted windows slowly rolling by when my LC is parked outside the garage.
I'm in the Emory / VA-Highland area and I've seen a few nextdoor/facebook/neighborhood posts about large-scale thefts, as in a crew hitting an apartment complex or commercial fleet. I'm likely installing a skid plate very soon.

Crackheads stole my 1 Cat, inside a Federal Campus, which our Police are all over the place. Our police said I was the 7th person with Cat stolen that day. Luckily I still have my 1999 LC on comprehensive coverage otherwise I would have paid $5700 but waited almost 3 months to get a parts. This incident happened last Year (September). I now installed Asfir skid plate from Israel it partially covered the Cats, so it will delay the crooks to make some cutting, plus it will be tight to remove the Cat.

Last edited:
We just had an Airstream stolen right off the driveway with the crew-cab pickup attached to it. Another Denali stolen just a block away from this one on the same day. Sounds like Cartel jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom