PLEASE HELP! 2000 LC dies while driving/no check engine (1 Viewer)

Wendy2000LC

GOLD Star
Here is a link to a thread in the 60 Series forum that has recommended mechanics and shops. It is long, but search will help weed through the pages.

THANK YOU!!!! I so pray Someone can fix my rig! 🙏🏻

Wendy2000LC

GOLD Star
First.... anyone who can't fix a vehicle without having codes to go by is not a 'mechanic', they are a Parts Replacer.

Codes by themselves simply point you in a 'direction' and are NOT the end all for repairs.

No codes, intermittent dying of the engine... is not an easy one to diagnose, but there are some 'common' reasons for it.

Again, I would suggest you have the fuel system looked at (fuel pump) and the wiring and connections in that circuit.

IF that fails to correct your problem, then start looking at fuse junction boxes.
Thank you again for poking your head in and trying to help me. You have no idea how much it means to me and how much I appreciate it! I will certainly look into this! Many blessings! 😃

Eicca

Professional Noob
From my recollection of similar threads, engine dying without codes or electrical loss and restarting normally has been caused by:
-Failing fuel pump
-Bad connection to MAF sensor (either at the sensor itself or the ECU plug)
-Bad connection to cam/crank position sensors (check for wires getting chafed by the serpentine belt)
-Failing throttle body (though this should throw codes)

Wendy2000LC

GOLD Star
From my recollection of similar threads, engine dying without codes or electrical loss and restarting normally has been caused by:
-Failing fuel pump
-Bad connection to MAF sensor (either at the sensor itself or the ECU plug)
-Bad connection to cam/crank position sensors (check for wires getting chafed by the serpentine belt)
-Failing throttle body (though this should throw codes)
Thank you sooooo much for this point of reference! I appreciate the help! Blessings and have a fabulous day! 😃

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom