Plastic body nuts for mounting lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just and FYI this place is great for Toyota/JIS fastners, here is a direct replacement (according to the site) for PN: 90189-05013 and a pack of 50 is only $4.99.....

I’ve bought stuff from here before. The items looked good, but both things I bought broke on install - the engine bay wire ties, and different plastic body nuts. Maybe I got a bad batch or something 😕

Last edited:
I’ve bought stuff from here before. The items good, but both things I bought broke on install - the engine bay wire ties, and different plastic body nuts. Maybe I got a bad batch or something 😕

Interesting, with how cheap they are I'll probably give them a shot either way, but thats good to keep in mind. I've bought plenty of hardware from them (JIS yellow zinc bolts) and have been happy with them

Did some measuring last night really quick, these are rough but seems like most holes are 7mmX7mm and 9mmX10mm

Side marker

53231491683_6d799a1085_b.jpg

Headlight bezel mount

53231567779_0939c929c3_b.jpg

Headlight bezel/corner light mounts

53231687900_c9a4c92d82_b.jpg

53231567809_963929a772_b.jpg

This would mean that the following two should work:

in a pinch you can get those at Ace hardware in the license plate hardware section of their bolt section. Just either take the old one or measure them at the store

I bought a number of different offering from clipsandfasterners.com trying to get the right one for those rear side marker lamps. Ultimately, I wasnt happy with any of what I got, but did make them work.
Why was I not happy, The clip itself was very loose fitting in the hole, or far too tight and did not fit. None of the aftermarket clips i bought from them had a little barb to allow the fastener to sort of click into the body before you insert the screw into it.
Beyond that, the screw hole openings were too wide. So when you would screw in the mounting screw, the tabs did not spread enough to allow the fastener to grab and hold the light tight to the body...
I believe, that I finally ended up with ones a little too large for the hole and carefully cut them with a razor blade so they would push tightly into the body and stay in place.
I believe I can post up the part #'s of what I tried to use.

I also bought bigger ones for the grill and headlight bezels. Same trick applied to those.

At the end of the day both the large and small plastic nuts are available brand new from Toyota for cheap. I recall the part numbers were a little tricky to find - I remember ordering the number from the parts diagram and receiving the wrong part. I hunted around and eventually got the right ones. Theyre still in bags at my shop, I'll have to dig them up and take pictures of the part numbers.

that would certainly put this one to bed. :banana:
Right on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom