Pinging Noise When Moving (Videos Included) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day mud,

My 1996 LX450 has revcently developed a very annoying pinging chuch bell like noise. this seems to only happen while moving seems to happen in drive, neutral, and reverse. U-joints were replaced with OEM one less than 10,000 miles ago and the truck was re-geared by my a local land cruiser shop roughly a year ago. Has anybody has this issue before? Ill add in the videos below. Im unsure if its the brakes, u-joints or diffs.

Sounds like something hitting the driveshaft... maybe u joints binding and popping maybe they are taking a crap.... ever lubed them? Crawl under and look around

Is your spare tire chain banging around? Or the trailer wire plug swinging around?

x2 on the u-joints. Grease and/or replace them. BE CAREFUL to not overgrease the joints...your wreck your differential housing's seal....ask me how I know! :flipoff2: :steer: :hillbilly: :poof:

Sounds like something hitting the driveshaft... maybe u joints binding and popping maybe they are taking a crap.... ever lubed them? Crawl under and look around
thank you, I lubed them up last weekend it keeps makng the noise. Ive been under there before, nothing really stood out to me. Ill look again tonight.

Is your spare tire chain banging around? Or the trailer wire plug swinging around?
i removed the whole spare tire mount since i have a swing out bumper, ill look for wires swinging around.

There is a fun game where people put zip ties or string on drive shafts to annoy other people. Maybe someone else is having fun

Do you have the ability to put the car on jack stands and in drive? The thin/tiny sound does sound like it's drive shaft related. Does the frequency increase with speed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom