Pilgrim Restorations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know anything about Pilgrim Restorations in Panama? Quality of his product, etc. I'm having a hard time finding a used windshield frame in good condition for my '78 FJ40, and I am thinking about buying one from him. Any info would be appreciated. I'll be out of town for the next couple days but, I will try to check back as soon as I can. Thanks...

Do a search ;), Someone posted pics on a tub purshased from him a couple of weeks ago.

I don't know if anyone has recieved a shipment yet. Look under the vendors section for steel body tubs and FJ45 tailgates. He has posted some pretty darn sweet looking pictures.
I was also hoping to find someone who has already recieved parts, but cannot. I have a deposit down on a tub, running boards and rear 1/2 doors.
I know he says he can do windshield frames in stainless (I may get one depending on how bad mine look when they come back from the paint stripper). All his other stuff is galvanized, so should be pretty rust-resistant :)

Anyway: the pictures look incredible. He has been excellent to deal with on e-mail etc., really wants to make sure the body tub is correct with all the holes pre-drilled for my roll bars, jump seats, tire carrier etc. etc. I get the impression that his attention to detail is very good.
My tub will be ready early Dec., but I won't be around to get it (out of country) until late Dec. or Early Jan. When I get it I plan to give a post with lots of pics.
I think the first shipment is going to Jonathan at TLC4x4.
I put my deposit in based on the photos. I will say I'm very happy so far in communicating with Paul in Panama about the attention to detail. If you can wait until first week Jan, I'll be your guinea pig and let you know how it goes ;)

I did a search... No joy. But, I really don't know if I'm doing right or not (still a rookie).
Soul_man, I'm probably going to get my windshield frame before you recieve your tub. I'm also in Jacksonville, FL. If you want to check out the frame, let me know and I'll give you directions to my house.

I got a very nice new tailgate from him. Fast shipping from Panama to Norway

Henning

I thought that CCOT has him rapped up, meaning that the only way anyone can get any of his parts it to go through CCOT $$$$$$$$$. Real steel is doing the same work and it is in TX, I have ordered a tail gate for a 74 40 and a rear sill, both were cheaper than CCOT. CCOT wants about $850 for a tail gate and Real Steel wants about $450. I will post pictures of both parts once I get them.

Have one of his 3/4 tubs. Lots of misalligned holes, or missing all together.

jC

Same here the Heritage tub is missing the captured nut for the rear heater, bottle jack holder and jack handle holder. Also, the fuel tank door is a little too large and less than finished.

Other than that I think its pretty nice. All of this could have been remedied prior to install but was not. :crybaby:

wow, that's wild. i saw a couple at proffitt's and they looked great. along with one that was installed. also, jeremiah said they were incredibly easy to install. definitely a compliment since most aftermarket stuff on an ancient chassis requires serious tweaking to fit.

Same here the Heritage tub is missing the captured nut for the rear heater, bottle jack holder and jack handle holder. Also, the fuel tank door is a little too large and less than finished.

Other than that I think its pretty nice. All of this could have been remedied prior to install but was not. :crybaby:

I hear that is the economy version of the tub, The premium is dead on to the OE tub.

Shane

Thanks for the link Johnny :)

So...can anyone still order direct, or not?

Is this the same guy as Heritage???

Mr Kotter...I'm so confused!!!

I visited Paul last weekend. The pictures posted do not do justice to his work. It is truly awe inspiring! He really can make anything you want out of sheet metal.

If you want he'll even restore you truck if you bring/ship it to him.

Does anyone have a link to whoever Paul's distributor is now? I'm in dire need of a tub, cowl and windshield frame and I would prefer to stay steel if the price won't make me have to empty my boots..... :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom