Pig Picture Album (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Mark W - good to see you in here buddy!

I know you have some awesome pics of Pigs up in Alaska!!!
None for a long time. I only know of three on the road (one lives in the garage about 360 days a year and only comes out to be shown off once in a while... it is perfect and nearly OEM too). A friend is doing a major resto/update on a fourth. The rest have all rusted away. :( the pic I was trying to post was of a couple I have my my "storage" yard with birch trees growing up through them.

Mark...

1702341150882.png

Every time I see this pic I am stoked!

Two perfect FJ55s

None for a long time. I only know of three on the road (one lives in the garage about 360 days a year and only comes out to be shown off once in a while... it is perfect and nearly OEM too). A friend is doing a major resto/update on a fourth. The rest have all rusted away. :( the pic I was trying to post was of a couple I have my my "storage" yard with birch trees growing up through them.

Mark...
we have acouple pigs up in Delta area, they dont get driven all to much as im not there year round.

IMG_20230529_223757.jpg

I do (or did) know of another one up there that never gets driven that I was not thinking about when I wrote that post. A beautifully ignored 1979. Clay Baldwin found it on a vacant piece of property years ago mixed with a bunch of parts rigs. I think that it may have belonged to one of the Coty brothers (family of Cruiser enthusiasts that are a bit of a staple of the Cruiser community up there as well as fodder for a LOT of crazy Fiarbanks stories. ;) ) Not sure if he still has it. It* was waiting in limbo for attention that last I knew.

He also scored a beautiful Alfa Roemero that he found sitting IN A BASEMENT up there somewhere. Some guy had been building his project while he built his house. When all was done, the car was trapped in the almost finished structure (Great planning Huh?) The old guy had died, the wife wanted to sell the property and had no idea what to do about the car. Clay was involved professionally somehow in the process of preparing the property for sale. When all was said and done, he opened up the basement (took an excavator among other things) removed the car and put the building back together and wound up with the car as paymnet.

Fairbanks. A lot of Old School Alaska Happening up there even now. ;)

Mark...

I do (or did) know of another one up there that never gets driven that I was not thinking about when I wrote that post. A beautifully ignored 1979. Clay Baldwin found it on a vacant piece of property years ago mixed with a bunch of parts rigs. I think that it may have belonged to one of the Coty brothers (family of Cruiser enthusiasts that are a bit of a staple of the Cruiser community up there as well as fodder for a LOT of crazy Fiarbanks stories. ;) ) Not sure if he still has it. It* was waiting in limbo for attention that last I knew.

He also scored a beautiful Alfa Roemero that he found sitting IN A BASEMENT up there somewhere. Some guy had been building his project while he built his house. When all was done, the car was trapped in the almost finished structure (Great planning Huh?) The old guy had died, the wife wanted to sell the property and had no idea what to do about the car. Clay was involved professionally somehow in the process of preparing the property for sale. When all was said and done, he opened up the basement (took an excavator among other things) removed the car and put the building back together and wound up with the car as paymnet.

Fairbanks. A lot of Old School Alaska Happening up there even now. ;)

Mark...
You have to wonder, at what point did the guy realize the Alfa was trapped? And then I guess he decided to keep going...

I would love to see pics of the '79 Pig if you have any.

Mark...
Would one of those belong to Ryan in Anchorage? I know he has a perfectly restored late model 55 there, but he never posts photos on Mud. Try again with that photo of your storage yard...

Would one of those belong to Ryan in Anchorage? I know he has a perfectly restored late model 55 there, but he never posts photos on Mud. Try again with that photo of your storage yard...
It has been a long time since I talked to the owner of the rig I am thinking of. But his name *may* have been Ryan.

Mark...

I love all the vehicles that are round the pig. Its kinda funny.

Any details on the blue one to share?
Look up Target Carrier by JMack. The thread is very detailed concerning the build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom