Pig Party - 2017? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eyes just now starting to be able to focus enough to see my keyboard, 21 hours straight to get home 18 of them driving the 1100 mile route down to the Zion national park then back up to Boise, great group of guys and it was a honor & pleasure to be associated with them this last week.

Thank you @abqcruiser and @PabloCruise for planting the pig party seed then the rest of you guys that picked up the ball and ran with it to make this event happen!!!

Heck yeah! This was a pretty darn cool get-together. Glad you made it home safely. Thanks for the good french-press coffee. If we do this again I am sure I will have a jet-boil.

Glad you made it home Mega!!! That looks like it cudda gone real wrong in the wrong place.
And glad for all others who are home safe.

Safe travels for anyone still on the road.

I did a straight run 17 hour 15 min camp to door gas and go. 15 hours 45 min seat time. There was occasional hesitation off and on. I got to the inspection station at the California border and it was 125 degrees outside. The pig started hesitating!!! I got in the shade of a building, opened the hood, took my magic pocket knife and tapped the carburetor at the G spot the mechanic in Barstow showed me and walla, the sow never hesitated again and ran strong the rest of the way(go figure). The first 6 mile grade had me on edge. Temp went up a bit but I made it over the top in 3rd gear at 37 miles per hour. Going down the other side temp went to normal. 2 more long grades and the old girl powered on. Going through Needles it was a mere 120. AC on the whole way kept the front cab comfortable. It definitely restored my faith in why I have a pig.

What a great event. I am only sorry that I couldn't have spent more time getting to know everyone and look closer at all the hard work that everyone has put in to keep these creatures alive.

Thanks for all the moral support and good vibes that helped get me there. I was going to get there one way or another.

Amazing how simple this thing came together as an event. Pick a place, pick a time and send out the call (sooie, sooie, sooie). It seems like everyone did a little something to add spice to the occasion.

That's not to leave out commendations to all for all the scrambling and prep it took to prepare for the journey and the distances that were covered to get there.

Someone said there were 10 States represented. Wonder what the total combined distance traveled by all pigs would be. I did around 1860.

Hope this thread continues for a while with return home travel stories.

Coodoos to all and pig speed.

It was awesome to meet you Gordon! Thank you for sharing all your Pig stories with me.

And BIG thanks for your awesome raffle prizes - that was really a special touch. I can't believe how much you persevered to make it out and give away so much Land Cruiser Pig goodness!

As for states, I think we had: ID, CA, AZ, NM, UT, CO, IL, MO, FL, NH and ME. Did I miss anyone?

Mileage wise, my Pig knocked out just under 1000 miles when all was said and done. She did great. I do need to think about adding AC though...

I wanted to wear my red and brown mud like a badge all the way to San Diego. Flagstaff had a different idea and we ran into really hard rain. Hank had texted me to check in and i said "it's raining balls" then the hail started. so literally raining balls. The pig did well in the hot AZ, even when we hit a little traffic. It was the 2 pussy humans in the pig that needed more of a break. 114 outside and probably 120 inside. I am glad to have met all of you. It was awesome to see all the piggies. cant wait to do it again. I defiantly have a long list of fixes and advancements i need. Hope you all make it back safe.

I cannot believe the heat that you and your awesome daughter dealt with to make to the party and back home.
Good luck with your move. If we all lived closer, I have no doubt we would all head over with our Pigs and have a Pig moving party.

Hey Guys ,

Glad Everyone is getting home safe. We're sitting in a 1962 motel along route 66 in Tucumcari, NM. Trying to take back roads and having a ball. We had so much fun with all of you, loved every mintue, even digging snow!

You're a great bunch of friends.

That is so cool! I would love to do Route 66 in the Pig! Right back at you Ron, it wouldn't have been a Pig Party without you and your lovely bride...

Ditto to what everyone else is saying. Great to put faces and real names to the Knights present and to see what everyone else has done to their Pigs. Lots of cumulative knowledge, some spectacular builds and great camaraderie among old and new friends. Even with the "name" trails still closed, we rambled through spectacular scenery those of us who live in CO sometimes take for granted until we expose it to those from elsewhere and see their reactions. Shirts and both stickers were very cool and both raffles (especially Gordobe's unanticipated dispersal of pig necessities after a three day fight to make it to Rico) were above and beyond. Potluck night was another highlight with enough ribs and brisket (thanks Evan) and other goodies to feed the entire herd. Teamwork to get us through the snow on top of Bolam Pass, done more or less in order of lift height and tire size, was spectacular, especially the trailblazing by Craig.
Thanks to Mark and family for taking the initial scouting trip and to TJ for expanding on that and starting the Pig Party discussion. Haven't seen more Pigs in one place except for the Classic Cruisers boneyard in Salida. We had a great time!

The stickers from @abqcruiser and @MtnYota and @Gordobe were an awesome touch! I am still trying to find the right place for mine. I saw Ron put his on his cooler, I was thinking about my fridge, but it is giving me issues (one more fun thing to deal with at home), so not sure if I will get the same one back after warranty.

Uploaded most my pics to the Google picture thingy that the invite was sent from.
Not sure how I got some of em while my bench seat had me jumping like Super Mario Bros.

Thanks for loading those up Andy! I can't wait to see the stories from this - like waiting for Christmas. I still love the print edition of Trails, there is nothing like a real magazine to read...

And thank you for the Pig Party stickers! I love mine. Are you still thinking about letters for our grilles and tailgates?

Just to add one more comment to such a great gathering, a very big thank you to all the wives and kids for their support and willingness to attend such a great event. I can only speak for myself, but I would not have ever met any of you great folks if it hadn't been for Trish's unwavering encouragement to my pig project. Nice to know that she's not the only crazy spouse in the group.:pig::pig:

Right on Mark! You have a lovely family. I know my wife well enough to know that trying 10 hours w/o AC would have been hazardous to someone's health (likely mine), but maybe if we do this again I will have the AC working.
Thanks again for the stickers, and for posting your initial pictures that made choosing this location a no-brainer!
If you guys come out for the Horetooth 10k open water, you have a place to stay...

Working our way across Texas to Texarkana and up from there. We had a front wheel spindle nut come loose, so I tore it apart at a rest stop and tightened it up, no more vibrition. Looking like two more days to get home. We're missing Rico and all your company already.

That is funny, when I was back at work I was missing our crew big time. That potluck had some seriously tasty food...

was definitely a great time. sorry i had to leave early. thanks to @woody for the raffle prizes to top off a kickass event

I was sure sorry to hear about your friend Ige. Thank you for coming out and doing all the photography.

Anytime :)

Looking forward to your article and images!

Likewise, these articles are going to be great. Thanks to you Woody, and big thanks to Evan @fj55-100 for having the vision that we should have a raffle and making it happen!

Don't know what ever happened with the t-shirts, but if someone has one for me and has been waiting for me to pay up, please let me know.

I think the shirts might be with @scrapdaddy or with @J Mack - I lost track of them the last day. What size are you looking for?

Wow, how is she running now?

I got home 8 am on that monday and didnt even touch it until saturday last weekend and I drove it to the store. I am pretty sure the bad plug i forced to work is unhappy. Its not running terrible but not at its peak. When i get moved in ill steal a few bucks and tune it up. I might do it prior so i can throw some boxes in the back and not dead head to my new house. We will see.

Hank, it was awesome to meet you! I saw you heading back out of Telluride Sunday morning as I was beginning my journey home.
Pretty sure you had the newest Pig there with your '78. Not sure who had the oldest, maybe Evan @fj55-100 with his 1970?
I hope you can get your Pig squared away. What happened to your windshield?
Mike @ BIO can get you squared away with a sweet bumper, and the powder coaters that he uses do a nice job.
Hopefully you aren't having cooling issues.

My pig is 7/70. Im not sure about Even's.

according to the Registry Sticky, Even has a '71. So I guess I had the oldest pig. It turns 47 this month.

Scrapdaddy , got your care package ,daughter allready mixed up a batch , thanks cookies and :beer: . makes everything better:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom