For Sale Pig hunting fj55 wanted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Noob located in North Idaho, looking for fj55 driver in Spokane/ PNW area ...been trolling reading threads taking it all in.

Looking for a driver fj55 that needs a new home. I've built a few cars/trucks over the years but this is on my list, I need a keeper ,kids ,camp,fish,m-This winter there were a few close by near Seattle, and I hesitated ...and now regret not pulling the trigger. There was a green/white 71 with 327 in it I was eyeballing ...but the CL posting vanished. ? Sold? Dunno ?

Beware, they're mostly rust buckets. Be sure to check it out in person before buying. Decent ones are getting fairly expensive. (In other words, not really worth it IMO) There was a a good example FS in Salmon, Idaho last fall for a great price, but ya missed it.

Passed on a running 78 due to extreme rust,the paint was holding it together.
Craigspro,auto tempest , a few cruiser sites anybody else know search spots?
Any local members in Spokane or Cda (Coeur d Alene,id)
Just passed up a nissan patrol as well just to few parts

8000 Can be seen in Portland at Landcruiser Northwest

1424877396871.jpg

Sweet..55.. fj Radar....my wife says sure go live in it ....I am like ok roof top tent seems reasonable...guess I will miss her.

I am going keep looking... I can do rust repair ....

I’ve bought several pigs now and also live in Idaho and can tell you that we are blessed with a lot of inventory but most are either non running with decent bodies or running and rusted out. If I had to do it over I would buy a non-runner with the best most complete body and deal with drivetrain. Things like rubber trim can exceed the purchase price of a pig, mine had a broken windshield that ended up costing $500.00 for an OEM replacement and a set of mirrors recently sold on eBay for something like $2700,00. Just some food for thought.

If you end up wanting to buy a body and build I know of a few floating around.

If I had to do it over I would buy a non-runner with the best most complete body and deal with drivetrain.

You and me, both, but to add:

I wouldn't trust anyone besides myself or a handful of folks that have in depth experience with Pig corrosion correction in assessing body condition.

Not only are there unscrupulous sellers abroad, but some here on Mud, yet even the most honest, yet inexperienced can miss the rot or underestimate corrective measures involved to rehabilitate.

If I had $5k to buy a Cruiser wagon for your intended purposes, I'd look 60 or 80.

If I had $5k to buy a Cruiser wagon for your intended purposes, I'd look 60 or 80.

Absolutely. Take a good look at the Missoula 60. You'll never find a 55 of comparable value for that price, even if it isn't as good as it looks.

I know it..you guys are telling me for my own good "don't do it"
..ugh ..that 87 in Missoula is looking better by the second ..

I've fabbed floors,have sheet brake /press,rollers to
Make panels with ribs for integrity.
Its the roof / aprons and such that are harder to do right that scare me .
image.jpg

I know it..you guys are telling me for my own good "don't do it"
Its the roof / aprons and such that are harder to do right that scare me .
View attachment 1036869

55’s are cool….

60’s are almost as cool for what appears half the total cost of comparable 55.

80’s not nearly as cool as a 55..

Nothing hard about restoring a 55 to be a reliable comfortable driver if you have deep pockets.

55’s are cool but not a bargain when compared to other comparable vehicles.

BobM,

We might have to have a Pig intervention for you! :) It doesn't look bad at all, really. Oh Man, maybe we need one for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom